account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Resolved: Cannot change notification settings while music app playing/open in Lollipop

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Resolved: Cannot change notification settings while music app playing/open in Lollipop

I haven't found any way to change notification settings (silent/priority/sound) in Xperia Z2 when listening music or if music app is running after listening music. I have tried with different music apps (Walkman, Google Music, Spotify) and problem is present with all music apps. This problem came with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) upgrade. If I want to change notifications, I have to stop the music and close the music app. With KitKat I could just press the power button longer and get the notification settings, but not anymore with Android 5.0.

There is a fix for this in Android 5.1, but I haven't found any information if there will be updates to 5.1. 

So has anyone found a way to change settings while music app running or do I have to hope and wait Android 5.1 upgrade?

Cheers,

Janne 

Edit 2015-04-22: Add "Resolved" prefix to subject.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot change notification settings while music app playing/open in Lollipop

@jsavikko wrote:

So has anyone found a way to change settings while music app running or do I have to hope and wait Android 5.1 upgrade?

Answering to my own question:

Pause music, turn the screen off (or first on if it was off and then off again) from power button for a while and then back on. Now you should be able to control notification sound settings when pressing volume key. If volume keys still control playback volume instead of notifications, turn the screen off again and wait a little bit longer before turning it back on.

With this method you don't need to close the music app to control notifications.

1 REPLY 1
Learner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot change notification settings while music app playing/open in Lollipop

@jsavikko wrote:

Answering to my own question:

Pause music, turn the screen off (or first on if it was off and then off again) from power button for a while and then back on. Now you should be able to control notification sound settings when pressing volume key. If volume keys still control playback volume instead of notifications, turn the screen off again and wait a little bit longer before turning it back on.

With this method you don't need to close the music app to control notifications.