account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Replace microphone icon with call icon on lockscreen - Marshmallow 6.0.1

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Replace microphone icon with call icon on lockscreen - Marshmallow 6.0.1

When I was on LP, I found the call shortcut from the lockscreen very useful. Now, after the 6.0.1 update, the icon seems to be replaced with the "OK Google" shortcut. Is there a way to get the callls shortcut back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Replace microphone icon with call icon on lockscreen - Marshmallow 6.0.1

Go to settings - apps, tap on the gear and select default apps. There, under assist and voice input, set assist app to none.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Go to settings - apps, tap on the gear and select default apps. There, under assist and voice input, set assist app to none.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Thank you!
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Anytime.

Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

But this disables the "Google Now on Tap". Is there any other way?

Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

As far as I am aware, there isn't @Infected_Mushroom.

Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

But in my case it is disabling Noe On Tap! @alexdon

Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

I know, for everyone it is the same.

One time poster
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

@Infected_Mushroom wrote:

But this disables the "Google Now on Tap". Is there any other way?

Ok guys, I have a workaround for this problem that Google has provided us the pleasure of solving. In order to be able to use the phone launcher from the lockscreen we have to disable the Google App as our accesibility service, thereby losing the ability to quickly open the Google Search app from the home button. However, if we keep the assist & voice input servce, we end up without a phone shortcut. So here's what you need to do:

1. Download "Home Button Launcher" from Google Play.

2. Go to the default apps in app configuration (where we disabled Google App), and under assist & voice input select Home Button Launcher instead of Google App.

3. Hold down the home button, and you'll have a menu pop up that should have just Google listed in "Home Launcher." (If you don't you've probably got some other stuff installed and I don't know if this work around will work.)

4. Press the three dots for more options >> click on settings. Near the bottom of the menu you will see "<<Auto Start Mode>> if only one single app selected." Click that, and voila! You've got good old Google App back (it will launch on longpress), with the benefit of a phone shortcut in lockscreen. The only weird thing about this is that it shows a little space ship when you longpress the home button, but otherwise it's pretty smooth.

Why did I update to MM???? I just spent half the day getting it to work how Lp did with no problem. If you want a Stamina Workaround, look up Greenify's Beta app with aggressive doze, version 2.9 v2.

TL;DR: Download "Home Button Launcher", set it as your accessibility app instead of Google App, and look through the settings.

Learner
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

shortcut on lockscreen (MarshMallow)

i only see voice command n camera shortcuts on the lock screen ... the camera option is ok but what the  voice command does.... its rarely used ... the most common and mostly used function is CALL.... that was perfect like in the previous function,...... please i need a solution for it to customize our shortcuts on the lock screen .... that voice command on the lock screen irritates aloooot... it  irritates alot