account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Remove bloatware?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Remove bloatware?

I agree. My 32gb is under strain, I have disabled those apps that can be disabled, but there's still a lot of space taken up by this crap. Why bother? Just give us stock Android. Most people surely don't bother with this stuff. 

Rookie
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Hi I also would like to remove the bloatware. How do i do this?

Agree with Beethoven, should be a option for stock android without intrusive apps like facebook.

Visitor
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

If your phone is not rooted, then you can only disable it. A rooted phone voids the warranty, but who cares after one year. There are so many apps available in the Play Store to remove the bloatware completely.

One time poster
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

I have noticed the only option is root. Disabled apps seem to be re-enabled anyway. In general running no root firewall from the play store disables unwanted data usage and notifications, but it makes it a hassle to tether the phone and as soon as you update on the app store you get notifications anyway and it re-enables some things. 

All the Sony branded software seems the worst. I disabled the inbuilt TV remote (never going to use) and within seconds it notified me to set up the app.

Xperia lounge telling me about all the things I love? What about loving a life free of xperia lounge? Can xperia lounge tell me about that? 

These apps use my battery, processor cycles, storage and mobile data to do things that irritate me. 

I have been hesitant to root but I'm now starting to think it's worth sacrificing low light photography for a clean and polite system on my phone.

Unless there is an update that allows removal of all apps I don't want or use, this is my last Sony device including TV's etc. I see "Sony" , I think "rude". 

Apprentice
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

I have unlocked boatloader since i done that they no longer sent services i'm glad system updates no more boatware apps required to be installed even if i risk my warrantly i don't care i hate boatware. 

Visitor
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

I fully agree with you. I don't see why I have to keep Facebook on my phone when I don't use it. Sony, stop assuming everyone loves Facebook. Some people actually want a complete break from it.