account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone not recognising SIM

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Phone not recognising SIM

My Z2 is now a paperweight, apparently the sim card slot/reader is a very poorly built part that is 1. not replaceable and 2. not available to purchase. Too bad really, I was quite proud of this phone, now I have to go back to all my friends and clients and tell them not to buy Sony. it's a little embarassing after I told everyone what a great phone it was. I simply pulled out the sim card, used that in another phone for testing, and replaced it, now the Z2 doesn't recognise the sim card. Sony customer support was less than useless and very unenthusiastic.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone not recognising SIM

Have you tried a different sim?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Yes, I tried a different sim and it did not work, I also put my sim in a different phone and it worked fine. I am hoping to find someone local that can repair it, otherwise I will look at something different.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Scubadog,

Welcome to the community,

Really sorry to hear about this, before you go have the device repaired, have you tried booting the device into Safe mode to see if this issue is software related rather than hardware?

safe mode

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I went into safe mode, sim did not work. Had a technician look closer and a pin is bent backwards (apparently a common issue) so I have ordered a sim reader from a local supplier (Sony won't sell or repair this) and will have it replaced. I have already purchased another phone so I am hoping to sell the Sony and recoup some lost money or keep it as a back-up. My daughter's Xperia ZL also has an issue, the charging port is defect. It's too bad, but we are no longer Sony fans...switched to Asus phones, both of us.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Bonjour 

Moi aussi j'ai le même problème et impossible de récupérer mon Sony j ai beau changer d opérateur et rien n est fait. 

J aimerai bien trouver une solution si quelqu'un peut m aider. 

Hello

I too have the same problem and can not recover my Sony handsome change operator and nothing is done.

I would like to find a solution if someone can help me.

GT