account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Minor update for Z2 - D6503

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Minor update for Z2 - D6503

Dear All

Today early morning I received I minor update for my Xperia Z2 - D6503 (Version 1281-2117_R3C). can any one tell me what this update was. Even after this minor upate my Android 5.1.1 firmware remains the same i.e. 23.4.A.1.232.

Kindly advise. Also it has been more than a month that there is no update since more than one and half month for ((Version 1281-2117_R3C).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: Minor update for Z2 - D6503

Before the update can be released, it may need to be customized for the operators and/or market and be tested and certified. You can read more about the process here.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

I'm afraid i can't see from my end what update you got but if it the build number didn't change and only the Rxx was updated it sounds like an adjustment for your country and/or operators settings.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please tell me what is meaning of RXX.

Also, I would like to tell you that previously a month ago also I received similar minor update.

Also can you let me know when I will get update for my region. (Saudi Arabia)

Thanks.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

With Rxx i mean "R3C" that you mentioned.

When there's an update to the configuration specific for your country and/or operator and not the software itself, you may receive an update with the same build number as then one already installed.

I'm afraid it's not possible for me to see when the Android 6.0 update will be rolled out for a certain country or operator.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply Sir.

Just a last question. When the update has been rolled out one and half month ago then why Sony is taking so long to provide it to all the regions.

This time it is taking much longer to receive 6.0.1 compared to the previous major update for 5.1 an year ago.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Before the update can be released, it may need to be customized for the operators and/or market and be tested and certified. You can read more about the process here.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Slightly frowning Faceنظام الهاتف يتوقف .لماذا ارجوا المساعدة

The phone system stops

gt