account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Issue with microphone when using speakerphone in 5.1.1

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 81 of 86
Message 81 of 86

Re: VERY WEIRD MIC PROBLEM! After latest upgrade(23.4.A.0.546) Z2

Solution doesn't help for my Z2. Mic works fine with 4.4.2 but in 5.1.1 I have a lot of complaints that my voice sounds terrible. But in a voice recorder app mic works perfect.

I've done system repair several times, doesn't help.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 82 of 86
Message 82 of 86

Re: Issue with microphone when using speakerphone in 5.1.1

Hello guys! Have you find out the solution yet? I faced the same problem earlier. I did software repair via PCC, flashed different stock roms via Flashtool, nothing seems to work. So today I tried disabling the 'Sound Recorder' app and restarted my phone. Now the problem was solved :-)
Visitor
Message 83 of 86
Message 83 of 86

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Have problems making Voice calls. Can hear other party, but they can't hear me. Done Test on Land-Line and Mic OK. Been in touch with Network provider and just said 'monitor' it. Still not working. What do you suggest?
One time poster
Message 84 of 86
Message 84 of 86

Re: Issue with microphone when using speakerphone in 5.1.1

Try these two.. One of them will surely work
1st try disabling noise cancelling in setting>call setting
2nd try to disable voice detection in Google app.. Setting>voice>detection
One time poster
Message 85 of 86
Message 85 of 86

Re: Another speaker/mic bug during calling !!! Sony please help !

Hi Rickard

I am facing an issue same as mentioned on this thread. I went into Service Centre thrice and spend more than Rs.11000 still my issue is not resolved and it really feels annoying. Can you please suggest me a solution?

Name: Nikhil
Phone nr:
E-mail:          
Operator: Vodafone
IMEI nr:
Build number: 14.6.A.1.236

Thanks,

Nikhil.

One time poster
Message 86 of 86
Message 86 of 86

Re: Another speaker/mic bug during calling !!! Sony please help !

In case you don't know how to read this thread, these are the suggested fixes for these problems:

Turn off noise supression and other call optimizations in call settings

Delete any apps installed that use the microphone

Factory reset using Sony PC Companion

Turn off Google app's "OK Google" detection on all screens

Don't use a Live wallpaper

Diagnosing:

-If the person of the other end of a call can hear you at all, it's most likely the noise suppression issue

-If the problem doesn't occur in safe mode, it's most likely an app causing it

-If none of these fix your problem, it's most likely a dry join on the microphone connector

For me, none of these suggestions fixed the problem. It intermittently worked so I got false positives all the time.

In the end, I am 90% sure it is a dry join due to poor manufacturing.

It seems to work ok in summer, but in winter the problem re-occurs. Thermal expansion?

Obiously, take the phone in to a Sony center if you're still under warranty.