account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Issue with microphone when using speakerphone in 5.1.1

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 41 of 86
Message 41 of 86

Re: Cant hear me

Thank you i will do that and inform you what happens
Genius
Message 42 of 86
Message 42 of 86

Re: Cant hear me

Sounds good Menna2, all the best.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 43 of 86
Message 43 of 86

Software Update 23.4.A.0.546

Hi,

I have recently updated software of Xperia Z3. After this update, I am encountering below problems:

1. I can't change the mode of voice input (speaker, headphone) while call is going on. If I have initiated any call with headphone inserted in the phone then my voice is audible at the other end only if I will complete that call with headphones and if I will remove the headphone inbetween the call then my voice will not be audible on the other end and same thing happens vice versa in all the voice input modes i.e. mobile, speaker, headphone.
  2. Sometimes calls are dropping and there is problem in voice clarity always as compared to before. Whereas my network service provider is same since long back and if I am using same SIM card in other mobile then there are not such problems.

Thanks

Learner
Message 44 of 86
Message 44 of 86

Re: Issue with microphone when using speakerphone in 5.1.1

I was given a Sony xperia z2 from my work company and I recently updated it to 5.1.1 now when I call people cannot hear me unless the phone is on speaker I have tried the pic companion fix or repair 2 times and still had no luck I know it's not hard ware related as the mic works on speaker it must be in the update is there any way of going back to the previous update?
Highlighted
Genius
Message 45 of 86
Message 45 of 86

Hi Faceyz, welcome to the community!

Do you have microphone noise suppression enabled under Settings > Call?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 46 of 86
Message 46 of 86

I fixed my phone by PC companion. the calls are working but on skype not work at all with the headset.

I have the microphone noise suppression enabled

Genius
Message 47 of 86
Message 47 of 86

Glad the issue with calls has been resolved! With the skype calls, are you doing them over Wi-Fi or mobile data? Have you tried clearing the cache for Skype under Settings > Apps > All?

Learner
Message 48 of 86
Message 48 of 86

Sophiaw I hav ed tried it with it both enabled and disabled
Learner
Message 49 of 86
Message 49 of 86

Sophiaw

I Am using skype in a wifi connection. And i had already cleared cache before reset my phone. I don't have an headset with me right now, then I will try it again later. Report to you soon

Genius
Message 50 of 86
Message 50 of 86

Okay Schlemper, let us know how it goes. You could try Skype calling on different Wi-Fi networks to see if there is a difference, as it could just be that the Wi-Fi connection is going slow.