account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Issue with microphone when using speakerphone in 5.1.1

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 86
Message 11 of 86

Problem with the speaker for Xperia Z2

Hello All,

Could you please help me and advise about my issue, i did an upgrade in the software as the mobile itself asked to be updated and after  the updates and when using the mobile in receiving calls the sound is not clear and the other person cannot hear me very well , sometimes its like mute, also the when i want to use the speaker in calls the other part in the call cannot hear anything from me and when i turn off the speaker it still same problem so i need to recall the person again and using the ear speaker to talk, but from the speaker it doesnt work.

please advise since its a very annoying thing to have in my Z2 Slightly frowning Face

Regular
Message 12 of 86
Message 12 of 86

Re: Problem with the speaker for Xperia Z2

i had same problem with my phone

when i wash it with water the speakers have some noise

but after while ..... i think after speakers get dry......it works fine again

Master
Message 13 of 86
Message 13 of 86

You could try to de-activate noise reduction under Settings > Calling, it might help. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 86
Message 14 of 86

@mido-shora wrote:

i had same problem with my phone

when i wash it with water the speakers have some noise

but after while ..... i think after speakers get dry......it works fine again

Hello and thanks for your reply

i never put my mobile in water, or wash it before i think the issue is not becasue of that, when making calls its working fine and other sdie hearing me clearly but after turn on the speaker its like something happned and its mute! i dont know why!

Apprentice
Message 15 of 86
Message 15 of 86

@Samuel wrote:

You could try to de-activate noise reduction under Settings > Calling, it might help. 

you mean the microphone noise supperssion ? if yes i already deactivate it but nothing happened , the  issue is when making calls the microphone works just fine  and other sdie hearing me clearly but after turn on the speaker its like something happned and its mute! i dont know why! even if i turned the speakers off the problem still exist :s

One time poster
Message 16 of 86
Message 16 of 86

Issues with Microphone

Hi All,

Its still not fixed. My microphone doesnt work during calls. Its working if i run the diagnostics. But during call its not. i have to restart the phone everytime to get this work. and its goes off in sometime again. I did factory restoring and also tried to fix the bugs using pc companion but hard luck its still not working.

Another issue with with the Battery, When i bought this phone it use to stay for one and half days update 5 it became one day.. now 5.1.1 its even more quicker in draining.

Camera stuff i don know has some issue i can feel it, not sure how to address it,.

Will sony roll out any update for this as a bug fix!!!! What should i do...

Any help please!!!

Highlighted
Genius
Message 17 of 86
Message 17 of 86

Re: Issues with Microphone

Hi Ambrishraj, welcome to the community!

When you say you tried to fix the bugs using PC Companion did you do a software repair? If so and that hasn't helped I advise contacting  in your region to arrange for your handset to be assessed. In regards to the battery life, have you tried using Stamina mode/Low battery mode?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 18 of 86
Message 18 of 86

Re: Issue with microphone when using speakerphone in 5.1.1

In Z3 is equal, I do the reset procedure with PC CCompanion and don't solved nothing.
Genius
Message 19 of 86
Message 19 of 86

Re: Issue with microphone when using speakerphone in 5.1.1

Leokratos, in that case I advise contacting your local Xperia Customer Care team to arrange for your phone to be assessed.

Message 20 of 86
Message 20 of 86

Xperia z2 android 5.1 call problem

When I make a call via the stock phone app people on the other end can't hear me, I have to turn loudspeaker on and off for it to work properly, is there any fix for this? It's only happened after 5.1 update