account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to change icons size? - lollipop update

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 66
Message 1 of 66

How to change icons size? - lollipop update

Hi,

I've got problem after my lollipop update (I've updated my mobile yesterday), the icons are very big the same as before lollipop update. Is there any possibility to change the size? I've been searchin in the Internet and in my mobile settings, but I cannot find it. Any idea?

Or should I stay with my Nova Launcher forever? Slightly frowning Face

My mobile: Xperia Z 2, D6503,

Android ver: 5.0.2

compilation nr: 23.1.A.0.740

Thanks in advance! Slightly smiling Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 66
Message 2 of 66

Re: How to change icons size? - lollipop update

Hi,

By default, you cannot change the size of the icons. You need to use another launcher if you want to customize the size of them.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

65 REPLIES 65
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 66
Message 2 of 66

Hi,

By default, you cannot change the size of the icons. You need to use another launcher if you want to customize the size of them.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 66
Message 3 of 66

So, someone made a change, and didn't make it optional... how hard would it be to scale icons... now I have these big ugly icons on my phone...  There is not even a point to having a wallpaper their so big and obnoxious... This is not helping me convince my wife to keep her Z2...

Visitor
Message 4 of 66
Message 4 of 66

I have same feeling, this is very bad
The update should give more options
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 66
Message 5 of 66

This is something that we have forwarded as feedback, but unfortunately I do not have any info if there will be changes for this the future.

But in my opinion, one great thing about Android is that you can download third party apps to customize your phone even further. In this case, another launcher.

Visitor
Message 6 of 66
Message 6 of 66

So there is the solution, look for a third party app, launcher or better yet side load, just because Google and Sony had no care or forethought. Large icons makes the Z1 look like a cheap kids toy!
Visitor
Message 7 of 66
Message 7 of 66

Also, there are issues in the contacts menu where information like "Organization" no longer appears as it once did prior to the 5.0 Lollipop update. Sony needs to perform some serious research and listen to the consumers that own product.
Message 8 of 66
Message 8 of 66

See this from xperia blog, it might be something cool:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/05/20/upcoming-sony-xperia-home-launcher-to-support-auto-rotation-and...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 9 of 66
Message 9 of 66

New update 14.5.A.0.270 brings huge icon size, want to downgrade launcher please suggest how?

Sony recently gave an update on the Xperia Z Ultra which brought a new launcher as well, which unfortunately introduced extremely huge icons.

Is there any way to reduce the icon size or downgrade the verion of the launcher as I would like to stick to the Sony Xperia Home Launcher.

Kindly advise.

One time poster
Message 10 of 66
Message 10 of 66

Re: New update 14.5.A.0.270 brings huge icon size, want to downgrade launcher please suggest how?

Its also happening in my Z Ultra, if anyone know how to fix it, please advise..