account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

HOW DO I KNOW Xperia Z2 (D6543) GENUINE OR FAKE OR FROM GRAY MARKET?

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

HOW DO I KNOW Xperia Z2 (D6543) GENUINE OR FAKE OR FROM GRAY MARKET?

HOW I CAN I CHECK IT WHILE PURCHASING?

7 REPLIES 7
Genius
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: HOW DO I KNOW Xperia Z2 (D6543) GENUINE OR FAKE OR FROM GRAY MARKET?

Hi, depends on a few things.....for example who are you buying it from. reputable dealer or from some soap dodger Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Best way is to fully inspect the box, some network providers seal their boxes but a lot dont, make sure your IMEI Number matches the phone & the number printed on the box, when you register the phone to activate the warranty you should find out if it has been registered before. Also if you contact your local Sony Xperia Care they should clarify/check the IMEI for you......

Overall try not to worry just use your common sense & inspect the goods :smileysmileywink:

Genius
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Yes,follow all the guidelines dandy said and you will be safe

But another trick i found is try finding a sticker of your country's Sony-Authorized dealer/distributor.Like in my country,you'll have one standard aunthorized dealer sticker on the box and another silver-holographic one in the Sony Official Warranty card and charger's head(both Sony and Sony-Authorized dealer stickers)

But again this might be market dependent,especially if you buy it online.
AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Here is Xperia Support contact info.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/
One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I bought my phone on 24.07.2014. Today I register at this site. Check my IMEI and the warranty is only till 19.09.2015. Is that NORMAL or not.?

I ask because  my screen didn't work correctly and tomorrow i will go to shop where i bought my phone and give it to waranty. If thats not okey I will confront with them.. Grinning Face Slightly smiling Face

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

You are best to speak with your local Xperia care team using the link provided above as warranty details vary between regions.

sony_logo126x24.gif

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

hi.. i bought my xperia z2 just a month ago and my gap on the left side kind of a bit loose..because everytime i noticed that the gap open itself..
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

The best way to check it would be probably useing the IMEI of the device on a site like imei.info once you put in the number you will get basicaly all the info about the device plus specks of it.