account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Guest account! :(

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Guest account! :(

Hi everyone! I just wanna know if there is anyway I can get rid of the guest mode (account) in my phone, I think my battery drains faster than before updating to lollipop because of it.

Thanks in advance.

sketch-1429748414138.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Re: Guest account! :(

What you can do is switch to guest mode and go to settings-users and remove guest. It will remove all data from that session.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Hi Saeedom11,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines

This generally indicates that the Guest user account has been in use, it would not show unless this has been active, have you use the Guest account?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

What makes you think that the battery drain faster because of the guest account?

you can't disable the guest account. 

settings > power management > battery > check what's draining your battery

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Hi Uliwooly, 

there was an image attached to his post, I have now approved it so you can see the User account using battery power.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Emperor
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

@Jake-SonyXperiaSupport 

Thank you Slightly smiling Face 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Open the Guest account > settings > battery > check if you are running any apps/services 

Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

What you can do is switch to guest mode and go to settings-users and remove guest. It will remove all data from that session.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Yeah I've tried it once but didn't like it, so I switched back to main user.

@Jake-SonyXperiaSupport 

Learner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Thank you for your advice, that's reduced the consuming to 4% 

@alexdon 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

From what I am aware, performing a simple restart stops the app from running so it cannot consume battery. May be something to try in the future if you ever do use it.