account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Ghost touches after water contact

Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Ghost touches after water contact

The store offers no warranty. I have to take this directly to Sony, wich is why I'm here.

Do you guys think I could send my phone to an Xperia Care centre in the US?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Hi germanguaimare,

Have you tried contacting Sony Xperia Care directly via phone? Use the link in my signature to find there contact details. They should be able to help.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Sony Xperia Care USA has live chat, perhaps you can ship it here to the US and get it fixed. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hello guys, thank you all for your replies.

Well, I called Sony and they can't do anything because the phone was bought via Amazon. I contacted amazon and they offered a refund so I guess the problem is solved.

The other thing is that evidently the refunded money won't be going to an irresponsable corporation that sells devices with false advertising and features, such as the highly acclaimed "water resistance".

Thank you all for your advice and don't ever think on using your "water resistant" Xperia Z2 under the shower, dishwater, rain, in a glass of water, in the pool... You know, all that water-y places.

Emperor
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

The phone it is water proof, with that said, you MUST read this

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/testresults/xperia-z2/#best-waterproof

Keep in mind that just because an electronic it's water proof it doesn't mean that you can take it for a swim at the ocean (salt water) or that it will be water proof if you submerge it in beer, or put it inside a washing machine or dishwasher or take it in a sauna. 

In compliance with IP55 and IP58, the Xperia is protected against the ingress of dust and is waterproof. Provided that all ports and covers are firmly closed, the phone is (i) protected against low pressure jets of water from all practicable directions in compliance with IP55; and/or (ii) can be kept under 1.5 m of freshwater for up to 30 minutes in compliance with IP58. The phone is not designed to float or work submerged underwater outside the IP55 or IP58 classification range. This may lead to your warranty being void. Get the full story

@germanguaimare 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

@uliwooly wrote:

The phone it is water proof, with that said, you MUST read this

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/testresults/xperia-z2/#best-waterproof

Keep in mind that just because an electronic it's water proof it doesn't mean that you can take it for a swim at the ocean (salt water) or that it will be water proof if you submerge it in beer, or put it inside a washing machine or dishwasher or take it in a sauna. 

In compliance with IP55 and IP58, the Xperia is protected against the ingress of dust and is waterproof. Provided that all ports and covers are firmly closed, the phone is (i) protected against low pressure jets of water from all practicable directions in compliance with IP55; and/or (ii) can be kept under 1.5 m of freshwater for up to 30 minutes in compliance with IP58. The phone is not designed to float or work submerged underwater outside the IP55 or IP58 classification range. This may lead to your warranty being void. Get the full story

@germanguaimare 

Sounds like you never read my original post.

The phone has never been submerged in any kind of liquid.

A shower is all you need to kill the circuitry of this "water resistant" phone.

Emperor
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Not true, that will happen if 

1. the owner didn't firmly closed the covers/flaps 

or

2. manufacture issue, the way to find out if there's an issue is if you request a vacuum test at your local Xperia care. 

Perhaps what happened to you is that you were sold a damaged phone.