account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Ghost Touch Problem On Sony Z2

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Ghost Touch Problem On Sony Z2

I have been using Sony Z2 for about 2 years and currently my Z2 is using the latest android version (6.0.1) and the latest software update BUT it has been having ghost touches for one month now. It started in early March 2017, in the beginning the ghost touch only react in the lower part of the screen. For the first ghost touch problem, I tried to turn off my phone several times, clean the screen, factory reset for 5 times & change the tempered glass  but it doesn't have any effect so I just let it go because I can still handle the ghost touch . After two or three weeks,  the ghost touch didn't appear but it's hard to click on the lower part of the screen. THEN , in the end of the month, the ghost touch appear again on the other part of the screen. The ghost touch react in the middle of the screen (if you open the telephone menu it's on the 1, 2 & 3  button). The second ghost touch is crazier than the first one and I can't handle this one. For the second ghost touch problem,  I tried to turn off my phone several times and then let it turn off for 1 day, clean the screen, factory reset for 3 times, remove the tempered glass & do a diagnostic from the settings menu . For the diagnostic I tried to test the screen and the touch screen. In the screen test, I didn't find any weird pixel on the screen AND For the touch screen test, I tried to brush the screen and the result is, ALL OF THE PART OF THE SCREEN can be brush except for the lower part (I can't test the lower part because the test doesn't include the lower part). From the diagnostic test, I think the problem is not on the hardware (the screen) nor the software (since I do reset factory several times).

SONY Team, please help me to solve this problem.

Crying FaceCrying FaceCrying Face

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ghost Touch Problem On Sony Z2

Hi @yura0000, I am very sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

You have tried most of the things which you may do by yourself, such as resetting the device, performed Diagnostic tests and so forth - but have you also had the chance to try a software repair using Xperia Companion?

If it still persists past that, then I am afraid that I recommend having your device sent to an authorized service center so that a technician may examine it for you. In order to do so, you may get in touch with your Local support team in order to be assisted as they are well informed regarding your local routines, warranty terms and consumer laws.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Update :

I went to a local service center in my city (actually it's a drop off point in Pontianak) but they can't receive Sony Z2 because the headquarter (at Jakarta, Indonesia) limits the smartphone that could be repaired. Z2 is out of the list because they didn't have any spareparts for Sony  Z2. Then, when I asked for a solution for this problem, they only told me to look for a store which can service my phone.

So, I decided to turn off my phone for a week and then when I turn my phone on there's no ghost touch. I don't know why the ghost touch dissappeared but whatever.

Btw, I'm still having a hard time to click on  the screen's lower part.

:-/ 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I am so sorry to hear that, and very strange to see that it partially got better by leaving it turned off. Slightly frowning Face

I wish I could assist you with the local service routines and give you some clear answers regarding the availability of spare parts, but I am afraid that I can only refer you to your Local support team in order to raise the concern. They are well informed when it comes to your local service routines and part availability so they are well suited to assist you further.

Sorry I could not be of more use. Slightly frowning Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.