account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Gap in speaker grill

Rookie
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Gap in speaker grill

@biistu wrote:

My Z2 does not have a gap like that.

Yes. Its only present on some devices. Usually top right corner and bottom left corner. Like they sticked the glass slighty clockwise rotated

Adviser
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

I have this same gap in the rigt upper corner and left bottom corner. Why? I dont know Face with stuck-out Tongue

Apprentice
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

More training required for the chaps who build them! :-)
Adviser
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Sony Singapore commented on this recently. They advised users with such models to get their phones waterproof tested by Sony. Would be good to hear an uodated general statement from xperia on this topic rather than a regional statement please.
One time poster
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

Xperia Z2 Camera Over heating and gap on the top problem

Hi,

I have got a brand new Xperia Z2. While capturing photographs using camera my phone gets heated up and camera gets shut down automatically I am worried and frustrated due to this. Also I have noticed a gap between top edge  and screen panel of my phone because of this I doubt whether waterproofing of my phone will be endangered. Please help me and reply as soon as possible. 

Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

Re: Xperia Z2 Camera Over heating and gap on the top problem

If you look through this forum,you will see more people say that they have the gap issue.About the camera,it could be a software glitch.Try settings-apps-all-camera,force stop and clear data.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

my phone also has the same i only noticed it after reading this forum

also there is a gap looking exactly the same on the bottom left hand corner

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

We have every confidence in the waterproof qualities of Xperia Z2, which is built to exacting technical standards.  If you have any concerns regarding your Xperia product you should get in touch with your local customer care centre so that we can investigate it.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

One time poster
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Appalling Build Quality

Has anybody else recieved a badly built Xperia Z2? Out of the box my unit has a few marks on the plastic and the glass frame on the front is fitted at an angle so there's gaps at the top right and bottom left of the phone where dust gets trapped. The glass on the back also sticks out a touch just on the right of the NFC logo towards the edge.

See how the plastic looks very rough towards the top left of the frame: 

IMG_20140513_200658.JPG

And this is the gap I have at the bottom:

IMG_20140515_093815.JPG

I guess I'm just disappointed as I mainly bought this phone for it's build quality and love Sony products. Kinda expected better from Sony though. Slightly frowning Face

Carphone Warehouse said this isn't an issue and wouldn't replace it, but I'm not happy with this on a £500+ phone that I plan on keeping for many years. Slightly frowning Face

Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Re: Appalling Build Quality

Mine has a big fat particle inside the glass that protect the lens and issues with audio sync with 4K movies. When I visited the shop, the first one they gave me had a very big gap on the top between the glass and frame. Then they gave me another which is way better, but unfortunately I did not notice the dust inside the camera unit until I got home.

So shame on you Sony for selling units with so lousy quality control.