account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Gap in speaker grill

Visitor
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Gap in speaker grill

Just got my z2 and noticed a small gap on the speaker Grill the top of the phone? Is this for the phone microphone or LED light? Just want to make sure it's not a defect and water gets in.

Doesn't look like I can upload pictures here so check over at this link on xda: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=zBhAU-OxDYbmyQGKr4CwBQ&url=http://forum.xda-deve...
26 REPLIES 26
Emperor
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Gap in speaker grill

You could stop by a store and compare your unit with another Z2

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

I'm in the United States, no one around here carries the z2s yet
Emperor
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

I envy you Slightly smiling Face Indeed there's no word on when the Z2 will be released here in the US, hopefully someone else could reply with pictures to cross check your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Those Xperia Z2 that I've seen do not look quite the same as your. Could you send me a PM with your IMEI-number so I can check if it's the same version?

There is a small gap on Xperia Z2 where the sound for your earspeaker goes through + the LED is located in this gap.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

I too have a gap on tmy top right corner where the glass meets the bezel. It is quite noticeable when compared to the top left of the phone. 

One time poster
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

Xperia Z2 a big gap between the frame and the display

My Xperia Z2 has a gap between frame and display.

I´m afraid that it is not waterproof and also collects much dust between.

Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

Re: Xperia Z2 a big gap between the frame and the display

can you post some photos?
Rookie
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Frame-Bezel gap Issue

Hi there. I was browsing the web and I found some articles and pictures about the infamous gap on the top right corner between the plastic frame and the phone body.

sony_xperia_z2_news_gap.jpg

I looked my phone and I have exactly this issue.

Has SONY said anything about this?

If this is a functional defect (i.e affecting IP58 waterproofing) or just a cosmetic one ? 

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

My Z2 does not have a gap like that.