account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Gap in speaker grill

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Appalling Build Quality

Mine is without any issues, all was fine.

Apprentice
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Re: Gap in speaker grill

I went back to the store and return my xperia z2 two days after i bought it because it failed its waterproof test and died, after two weeks they gave me a new one in return but it still have gap on the top right corner of the phone.

won't be dipping this phone inside a glass full of water anymore until further notice Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

@Johan wrote:

We have every confidence in the waterproof qualities of Xperia Z2, which is built to exacting technical standards.  If you have any concerns regarding your Xperia product you should get in touch with your local customer care centre so that we can investigate it.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

Shouldn't SONY do this?  The gap problem is a well known manufactiring defect. Take a sample of handsets affected by it and do the waterproof test on them so you/we can know if affects waterproofing and thus functionality of the product.

Commissioner
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

Since this is a well documented issue about Z2 and only Sony will know how many are affected, just check your set thoroughly before accepting your phone. I believe Sony will change a defective phone without rejection.
Apprentice
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

I managed to get Sony to return my defective white Xperia Z2 through a local store where I bought the piece without a hassle, but then they returned me with the same white model with the same defective feature. This has discouraged me to do another wateproof test.

Rookie
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

I tried bringing my Z2 to an accredited service center here in Bahrain (there's no official Sony service center here) because I have the gap issue as well and they said thay they would not exchange it for a new one, they would just repair it. I only had this phone for 3 weeks and I badly want to exchange my Z2 to a phone without any hardware problems because I bought the Z2 because of its build quality, design, and this is a flagship phone so I expect the best.

Please Sony, tell me if this issue is worth to be exchanged for a new phone, because I read other people's experiences and from where they are, they can easily get replacements. Just something to show to the service center here.

Thanks! 

One time poster
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

Re: Appalling Build Quality

I love my Z2 which finally really died this week with sudden blackout after just under 2.5 years use. For a US$600 phone, I think the lifespan was short and I would have expected more. The micro-USB died in the first year but otherwise the phone could still function. The photo quality has been excellent but the service quality I received at Sony was horrific. I was routed to  a phone tech who tried to get the phone rebooted by depressing the power and volume up key which got the phone to buzz 3x and shut down, but did not succeed in getting the screen to come back. He then told me it was a hardware screen issue and told me to go to the service center which is a 45 minute ride away. At the service center, they said they were out of parts and the phone could not be serviced which is a bunch of bull. I know you can buy these screens off Alibaba from China and at the Wanchai tech center. The tech should never have lead me to go there. Now I'm stuck with a phone that is bricked but I get an LCD backlight from the crack between the screen and plastic, so I decided to open up the device myself after seeing some youtube videos on how to replace the screen. It doesn't look difficult, and the memory card appears to have taken photos so the phone seems to be functioning. I removed the screen protector which they say interferes with the phone's lcd causing it to blackout. Should I take a chance to buy a new screen for $25 and change it or toss the phone?