account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen

One time poster
Message 38 of 262
Message 38 of 262

Cracked screen

Dropped my phone and have cracked the screen and touch screen doesn't work any hel.
261 REPLIES
Message 1 of 262
Message 1 of 262

Z2 and Self Cracking Screen

Upon reading the ill fated issue of the Xperia Z and the Z1, is it plausible to state that the Z2 will most likely suffer from the self cracking screen issue just like its predecessors? 

Commissioner
Message 2 of 262
Message 2 of 262

Re: Z2 and Self Cracking Screen

Hardly,
I guess Z2 is lighter although bigger, cause there's less alu and more flexible plastic polymer in frame.
Have the Z1 pocket all-day.. no cases, no wallets and it looks ok.. Maybe some faulty made phones, that sometimes happen. Maybe thats why there is the polymer outside glass panels, and only a little bit of alu on the sides, to make it resistant for side forces.
We'll know in short time, hard to say and I think Sony support won't say "don't buy it, it will crack" so you can ask for milion times no answer or they'll say "no such accident happen in lab tests".

> Give cudos or mark as solution if helped, give others a chance to find it.
Commissioner
Message 3 of 262
Message 3 of 262

That's the market... faulty non-water resistant speaker in waterproof MOTO Droid/DEFY 525, Faulty burning mainboard on htc sensation, cracking metal-like frame in galaxy S series... Life has many examples, but it doesn't mean it will be bad just from launch time.. I hope it is as improved as sony is saying.
Be carefull and treat the smartphone with care, thats the best advice, it won't be the sams. solid to throw it away thru a window or run it over with car thats for sure, but beeing delicate it will serve you well for years.

> Give cudos or mark as solution if helped, give others a chance to find it.
Sage
Message 4 of 262
Message 4 of 262

Well... That's what I love about my current Xperia Acro S... Even with bugs, and even with my occasionally faulty Accelerometer... The thing is a tank.

Drops after drops to concrete, wood floor, asphalt, hard tiles... Landing on corners, and once flat on the screen...

My phone still holds together quite good... Still retains its waterproofness and luckily I haven't cracked the screen yet.

I decided to buy it over a year ago, for many reasons... but mostly because of this vid. Xperia Acro S Crash test

I hope to see a truly resistant new phone from Sony... like they used to.

Adept
Message 5 of 262
Message 5 of 262

Use this thread for self cracking screens when they begin occuring on the Z2 also

It is only a matter of time, probably weeks, so it would help, as it turned out with other Z models, if users

have info in one topic, and can inform themselves on how to press Sony to admit issues, as opposed

to trying to hide them and blame consumers, as it happened with other models.

So just post details about when you notice the hairline cracks, if you actually saw them appearing, or

if it happenes when phone was on table, in pocket, charging or not charging, and as many details

as possible.

Adept
Message 6 of 262
Message 6 of 262

Sure, many phones have issues, but Somy has proven, vividly throughout the Z line, that it then lies and tries to blame users for factory faults, such as screens self cracking. I just started another thread, to prepare future owners, but only then saw this thread. The author is correct in worrying. If, or when it occurs (and Z1 owners also thought Z1 was from different material, different build, etc), you are likely to see the same kind of behavior from Sony, as previous owners of earlier versions have seen. Sony is not exactly a honest company and plays dirty and has been proven to act like a douche.

I would suggest searching through Z and Z1 threads and google for self cracking screens. And don't assume Z2 will be different, but most importantly, the behavior of Sony in such situations is what appears constant and really really low.

One time poster
Message 7 of 262
Message 7 of 262

I have a Z2 for just over a month and the screen cracked.

I have never dropped a phone.

A great phone, now unusable with a cracked touch screen.

Visitor
Message 8 of 262
Message 8 of 262

Unfortunately it's a relatively common problem with the Z1 and now the Z2. If you keep it in plastic(or other material that doesn't conduct heat) covers, 

heat can't get out so phone gets hot. Z1's frame is made of aluminum while the case is glass. 

Metal changes length more than glass when exposed to heat so the phone bends. This very slight bend will eventually cause the screen to crack. Many people have reported their phones to crack without ever having used a case as well. I was really hoping that sony had addressed this issue but they clearly did not. Very disappointing as I was really looking forward to this phone. I will just wait for the next phone since it is only 4 months away.. lol

One time poster
Message 9 of 262
Message 9 of 262

unfortunately,it had happened,My z2‘s glass back cover had cracked when I do notting to it.

sorry for my english,

20140504_090259.jpg