account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Drag Apps To Previous Page

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Cannot Drag Apps To Previous Page

Hi!

I just upgraded to Marshmallow, I've been ignoring the update since I know they usually just fix and break stuff. But I caved in to fix the ghost touching and here we are now...

Ok so, if I drag an app from page 1 to page 2, that app cannot go back to the page 1 and if dragged from page 2 to 3 it won't go back to page 2 and so on. It just stops moving when dragging it to the left side of the screen and even starts twitching and goes back to its place. Sometimes when I do it a lot, for some wierd reason, a new app from the previous page is brought to the next page on its own.

I tried googling this problem thinking maybe it's a common issue with the update and it's probably acknowledged and fixed, but it seems no one has it. 

I formatted and did a factory reset to my phone and also did the software repair thing on the PC Companion and still.

Please keep in mind I have only dropped my phone, while the cover was on, probably 3 to 5 times since I got it in late september 2014. And the last time would  probably be a year ago. Yes, I take good care of my stuff lol.

4 REPLIES
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot Drag Apps To Previous Page

@Last_Message Did you enable google now in home settings? In this case, please try to disable it as the farthest pane in the left will always be the google one.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

You're right, there's a new page on the farthest left, it says Suggested Apps on it. How to disable it and where's that previous drawer? As for the Google Now, it's not activated, my phone is still new after the software repair and I haven't activated anything, yet. If it's on, how to deactivate? lol

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Tap longer on the home screen, you should see some options at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the cog wheel. From there, scroll down and find google now.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I couldn't find Google Now, at least not in the place you mentioned but I'll continue searching for it later on.

Anyhow, the whole leftside of touch screen is not responding properly. I went to the Diagnostics and when doing the "Clear the screen" test, the whole left side wasn't responding properly to my finger. Not sure what happened, but I'm guessing it has to do the "ghost touches" I had before upgrading to Marshmallow, since they were 90% of the time on the bottom left to the top left of the screen.

It's not worth it fixing this phone now, but at the same time the Xperia XZ is a dissapointment. And there's no other phone that's better than Xperia in my opinion... 

I'll just wait for the next Xperia I guess roll eyes