account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can not change Caller ID

Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Can not change Caller ID

hello, just got a new xperia Z2. went into settings, to try and hid my number on outgoing calls. it won't allow me! i thought i'd have the choice? i may go back to the store tomorrow to check it out. oh, by the way i'm with vodafone Ireland. thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Can not change Caller ID

Check with your network,you might not be allowed.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

thanks, but i'm with the same network. went from a windows to the Z2. thanks for your response though.

Genius
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi, if you go into the SETTINGS.....then CALL SETTINGS.....scroll down to ADDITIONAL SETTINGS......press and a sub menu comes up offering CALLER ID.....once you press this you have the options of NETWORK DEFAULT/HIDE NUMBER/SHOW NUMBER...

Hope this helps :smileysmileywink:

Visitor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

thanks, did all that. but the caller id section is pale, no tapping on it. thanks though.

Highlighted
Genius
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi, thats strange....i wonder if its Network related.....just tried it again with my Z2 (on Vodafone) and once you tap on the Caller ID the 3 options are there....

Sorry i couldn't help any....Crying Face

Visitor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

no worries, i'll straighten it out tomorrow. thanks again.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

The advice provided above is correct. The ability to alter this is network/firmware dependant and as such the network themselves will need to turn this function on/off from their end.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

but on my set i'm not able to tap on caller ID...only option is visible but able to tap it

Visitor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi I had  the same problem sadly i think it's something to do with the software update however there is a way to hide your number just call *13# to hide your number and to put back on show caller id call #13# and if this does not work then type 31 instead of 13.

This should help