account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Can Xperia Z2 support 128 mirco SD card?

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Can Xperia Z2 support 128 mirco SD card?

Hi Sony

Currently, Z2 specification for mirco SD is up to 64GB. Would be grateful if you could update the firmware to allow Z2 to support up to 128GB in future cos I am planning to get Z2 soon.

Many thanks.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: Can Xperia Z2 support 128 mirco SD card?

Is it a HC or XC card? 
How much is the MB weight of 20 MPix photos from manual mode? I allready have a 16GB SanDisk card from last xperia, and in T it goes just fine having 60% of it free, but I'm little concerned it can be too small for Z2, while putting bluray rips and music to it. For now I have about 37 MP3 tracks and 3 bluray ripped movies, but guess they are smaller according to T's only Hd 720 screen (bout 2,4 GB/movie). Well it's always about spending money, and if I watch a movie I delete it after, so it's free again, not quite sure if I'll need the 64GB as far as KitKat doesn't let you to move apps to SD.. Oh, can you check it? Is there a move to SD option available on your Z2, or is it grey-disabled?

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Well,64 is a pretty impressive capacity,but about thr 128,I am not sure.You could contact xperia care:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Yeah, I know 64GB is impressive but I have 64Gb for both of my Xperia Z and Z Ultra. I have music, movie, anime etc so the remaining capacity is around 5GB, which is small for taking photos and videos. There is why I hope 128GB on all Xperia phone especially Z2 since HTC One M8 and Samsung G5 also allowed to have 128GB on their device.

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

You should contact xperia care,see what they say.The full specs might be changed after the phone is released.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Yes, it could support 128GB microSD. I have the D6503 Xperia Z2 and the SanDisk 128GB MicroSD works great. You could even record 4K videos directly to it.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Is it a HC or XC card? 
How much is the MB weight of 20 MPix photos from manual mode? I allready have a 16GB SanDisk card from last xperia, and in T it goes just fine having 60% of it free, but I'm little concerned it can be too small for Z2, while putting bluray rips and music to it. For now I have about 37 MP3 tracks and 3 bluray ripped movies, but guess they are smaller according to T's only Hd 720 screen (bout 2,4 GB/movie). Well it's always about spending money, and if I watch a movie I delete it after, so it's free again, not quite sure if I'll need the 64GB as far as KitKat doesn't let you to move apps to SD.. Oh, can you check it? Is there a move to SD option available on your Z2, or is it grey-disabled?

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

QUOTED  from  SONY Official  Website Z2's  specification sheet:

• Memory Capacities
    • RAM (Processor) : 3GB
    • Internal Phone Storage : Up to 16GB
    • External : microSD card, up to 128GB (sold separately, SDXC supported)