account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Buying Z2 or not?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Buying Z2 or not?

Hello there,

So i have had 2 sony smartphones now, my first was the Xperia Sola, had no problems except lags due to less ram, then i got Xperia Z and it too faced no problems (except overheating) though there were so many complaints reported on the internet so i guess i was either lucky or by the time i bought it sony had improved their build quality. Anyways, i had it in a pool a few days back, it was working great but then it blacked out because i accidently took it to around 5m depth (my fault). I just want to say that i really like and perhaps love sony Face with stuck-out Tongue I really like their designs and the fact that after a small waiting period, the price drops and you get great features for a comparatively low price. I was planning on getting a Z2 now but it seems that it even has more problems. There's the overheating problem which seems to have further increased, some people report gaps and there's a fear it may void its waterproofness (if that's a word), flaps seem to pop open automatically after some days of usage and well there's lots more as well. Now i really do like the design and UI of sony phones but seeing how the problems are increasing rather than decreasing, i'm worried now. Should i go for it or change to samsung or HTC perhaps? (keep in mind that currently, i cannot even imagine myself holding a non-sony phone)

Thankyou for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Talent
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Re: Buying Z2 or not?

I generally like my z2 but the problems with the overheating camera and Facebook videos is very disappointing. Sony don't seem to be sorting these issues..

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Rookie
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

NOOOOO, my phone has problems with antenna. Already sent to service twice, problem not solved. I am not able to use, it's garbage: go to HTC instead. 

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

gap between glass panels and metal covering

I really love sony, the phones are simply beautiful and the UI is amazing! I was considering buying a Z2 but users have reported having gaps between their screens and the metal covering on the sides, sony did tell them to get a waterproof test from a sony center but i want to know if anyone had the problem and got the test, was it still waterproof? Has sony fixed this in their new upcoming Z2 devices or is it still there? Should i get Z2 or not?
Talent
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Re: gap between glass panels and metal covering

@m_jojo wrote:
I really love sony, the phones are simply beautiful and the UI is amazing! I was considering buying a Z2 but users have reported having gaps between their screens and the metal covering on the sides, sony did tell them to get a waterproof test from a sony center but i want to know if anyone had the problem and got the test, was it still waterproof? Has sony fixed this in their new upcoming Z2 devices or is it still there? Should i get Z2 or not?

Buy it if you want. But if you're going to buy it, make sure that the batch number is greater than 14W21 and check the device for gaps before you buy it. 

Highlighted
MVC
Adept
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

If you get a Z2 that works properly then it might be one of the best cameraphones ever made.

However, it seems that the Xperia Z2 is fundementally flawed. The call quality is variable (quite often the other party cannot hear you) - the camera has several major faults.

It is inexcusable that Sony, who aspire to being a leading SmartPhone vendor, do not address the serious defects in their products.

I have logged my complaints with Sony tech support who say they will look into the problems and get back to me via email.

To date I have had no response.

If I had known about the issues across the Xperia range I would NOT have purchased this phone.

Fortunatley for Sony they can get away with shoddy QC unlike the fruit laden devices which easily make headline news if their alarm clock merely threatens to hiccup.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Alright, thanks Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

thanks for your reply but what i'm wondering is people had reported great problems with the Z as well but i happened to face none of them so maybe it wouold be the same with Z2?

Talent
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

I generally like my z2 but the problems with the overheating camera and Facebook videos is very disappointing. Sony don't seem to be sorting these issues..

View solution in original post

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

The overheating issue isn't much of a biggie for me because the phone is airtight and the high processing is going to produce a lot of heat so for the lovely design and waterproofness, i think i can compromise on the heating issue. Plus i do hope sony will launch an update to fix these problems as well Slightly smiling Face