account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Battery drains faster with Lollipop

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 140
Message 1 of 140

Battery drains faster with Lollipop

Has anyone else noticed that the battery drains faster with Lollipop, lasts now 2/3 of the time compered to before upgrade. All battery saving settings are set as before.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 5 of 140
Message 5 of 140

Re: Battery drains faster with Lollipop

How long ago have you updated? I suggest you wait some more,restart the device regularly.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

139 REPLIES 139
Emperor
Message 2 of 140
Message 2 of 140

Follow the suggestions on this post

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Problems-with-battery-charging/m-p/957435

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 140
Message 3 of 140

Thanks!
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 140
Message 4 of 140

Hmm..that link was about charging, have no problem with that, its just that the battery drains faster, thougt Lollipop was supposed to be better when it comes to battery savings. Guess it could be some apps thats not optimized for Lollipop yet.
Message 5 of 140
Message 5 of 140

How long ago have you updated? I suggest you wait some more,restart the device regularly.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 140
Message 6 of 140

Three days ago so maybe it will get better. One theory I have is that WLAN might be the cause since I have better coverage after update.
Message 7 of 140
Message 7 of 140

So you are using wifi or mobile data and which one causes trouble?

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 140
Message 8 of 140

Both are working just fine, Its just that I noticed that I have better reception when I using wifi now with Lollipop compared to before. Pephaps the Wifi on the phone is more effective with Lollipop and that takes a little bit more from the battery.
Emperor
Message 9 of 140
Message 9 of 140

That could be, I usually notice that after a major update, the battery will drain faster if I'm on WiFi, usually play store or G+ are syncing uploading and downloading stuff. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 140
Message 10 of 140

@alexdon you were right, now after more than a week my battery is back to normal again, thanks 😀