account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

An App 'Not Available in the Country' - Google Play Store

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

An App 'Not Available in the Country' - Google Play Store

Hello Sony Users, I bought my Z2 from Dubai and used it there for almost 6 to 9 months. Recently, I came back to my home Country India and when I tried to install few Apps (for egs:- Quikr, OLX India etc), its showing as 'This App is not available in your Country'. I tried my best to find such kind of settings where I can change the current country. Please advice me how to change the country in settings or how can I change my phone's settings to be compatible for such kind of apps.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: An App 'Not Available in the Country' - Google Play Store

You can't change your phone's country unless you flash a firmware of you customization of choice. Every phone comes installed with a firmware specific to the region it's intended to be sold in, your mobile was sold in Dubai so most probably it will have SE or MENA customization version. So you need to change that into IN (India) customization in order to make those apps work.

This procedure can be made by users but it may void your warranty. If you are willing to try it yourself check this guide.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

You can't change your phone's country unless you flash a firmware of you customization of choice. Every phone comes installed with a firmware specific to the region it's intended to be sold in, your mobile was sold in Dubai so most probably it will have SE or MENA customization version. So you need to change that into IN (India) customization in order to make those apps work.

This procedure can be made by users but it may void your warranty. If you are willing to try it yourself check this guide.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Emperor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@RishiSNair

Don't forget to contact the app developers 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Thanks Quester. But is there an option to change country settings in Google Playstore or Google settings itself ?

Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@RishiSNair

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/QXdA_Q3V1o8

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

If you get Error that " this item is not avilable in your country" in play store.

then just note down the app id and

replace it with com.soundcloud.android; http://apkdl.in/app/details?id=com.soundcloud.android

And you will quickly get the APK file for download.

it works for me everytime

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Steps to Change Country in Google Play Store:

1. First Off, Manage your payment methods, Just sign into your Google Wallet account.
  2. In case, you have added any payment methods to your Google Wallet then delete all. If you haven’t yet added a payment method to your account then skip this step.
  3. Now, add a card to one with a billing address located in your preferred country.
  4. After, you need to open Play Store and navigate to any item that is available for download.
  5. And then Click to download process may start until you reach the “Accept and Buy” screen. You don’t need to complete the purchase.

More Detail about go https://www.mobupdates.com/how-to-change-my-google-play-store-country/

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I'm not sure why you are facing that issue. Even i face this issue. I researched a lot and found a solution. you can read that solution here > https://gadget.website/how-to-install-android-apps-which-are-not-available-in-your-country/671/