account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4G / LTE indicator in Status Bar

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

4G / LTE indicator in Status Bar

It's just 4G (not LTE) that's showing on the top, right? Or is there a non-LTE version of the Z2? I've already checked my carrier that there's LTE coverage in my area, but they couldn't tell me why it's only 4G showing on my phone. I've already seen it change to G, E, H, H+ and 4G. But never LTE, like other LTE-capable devices do. Can someone clarify?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: 4G / LTE indicator in Status Bar

4G is LTE it depends on what icon your network is using to indicate this

The other letters are for 2G, 3G and 3G+ these will change depending on signal strenth and area you are in as not all areas will have a 4G/LTE signal

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

6 REPLIES 6
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

4G is LTE it depends on what icon your network is using to indicate this

The other letters are for 2G, 3G and 3G+ these will change depending on signal strenth and area you are in as not all areas will have a 4G/LTE signal

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adviser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I see. So it's network-dependent, then.
Apprentice
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

It's firmware related, not network related. For example, on .69 TW I had 4G icon, on .402 DE I have LTE (same network, few minutes apart). It doesn't matter as it's the same thing 4G=LTE, nomatter what US wireless carrier told you. They lied for a long time, pushing H+ (or even 3G+) as 4G.

Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

According to the 3 network it is because of the latest software update from Sony and nothing to do with the network however I think they (3) are telling me a load of rubbish 

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Peter50

I've seen that with other carriers, remember that Sony release an update and each carrier has to add their bloatware and customize it, then test it and then release it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

sony xperia z2 LTE NOT WORK