account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Tablet froze on logo screen

Yox
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Tablet froze on logo screen

So my Xperia Z2 is frozen on logo screen for a few minutes and reboot the system itself to the frozen mode, and start the same process over and over again. An infinity loop or something. What can I do? I don't wanna lose all data.

I also tried the safe mode pressing and holding turn on/off buttom + volume down, but it doesn't work. 

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Tablet froze on logo screen

Hi @Yox

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear about this Slightly frowning Face

Do have a WiFi only tablet, or one that takes a SIM card? If it takes a SIM card and you have one in it can you remove that and see if you can turn the tablet on as normal without the boot loop?

Let me know Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Yox
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

One that takes a SIM card but I never use it as that, only Wi-Fi. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Yox

Thanks for confirming that. 

When trying the combination of keys that you mentioned before, did you try holding the volume up key and power button for a full two minutes? If not can you try that then attempt to turn the tablet on as normal?

Let me know how it goes Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Yox
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I did that right now and still frozen. What more can I do?.

Yox
Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I'm reading something about safe mode but I guess it doesn't work with the tablet frozen on logo screen, right?. What about PC Companion? I plug the tablet and Companion doesn't let me operate, should I do something else first?.

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@Yox

PC Companion is discontinued and now there is Xperia Companion instead. Download/install it then try a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.