account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 11 of 51
708 Views
Message 11 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

guess this software i just update at my tablet

 

then suddenly the phone ask to restart but till now not restarted

 

 

how to fix it

 

Anyone can help inform me

 

 

Thank you

juliet

Learner
Message 12 of 51
664 Views
Message 12 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

here in germany there is also no sign of an update for the SG511 ;( please do something...this touchscreen issue is driving me crazy.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 51
648 Views
Message 13 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

Is Sony skipping this update afterall and jumping straight to Android 5?

 

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/16/were-bringing-android-5-0-lollipop-to-the-entire-xperia-z-ser...

Demigod
Message 14 of 51
644 Views
Message 14 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

I don't think so but for some reason only european international editions aren't updated and Vodacom South Africa.

 

But there was recently spotted new build for Z2 LTE, maybe it will be skipped. Since April few updates were skipped for SGP511/512 so maybe this time it will be the same.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Inhabitant
Message 15 of 51
639 Views
Message 15 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

Sounds great but according to Sony, "We’re really excited about the new Sony features & functionality and the improvements we’ve made to the user experience".  

 

Sounds like more of the dreaded Bloatware!

Demigod
Message 16 of 51
628 Views
Message 16 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?


@pdes1 wrote:

Sounds great but according to Sony, "We’re really excited about the new Sony features & functionality and the improvements we’ve made to the user experience".  

 

Sounds like more of the dreaded Bloatware!


I don't think so. Of course it may have more Sony features from their other businesses but that's a part of ecosystem.

But the good thing is that except What's New most of what you call bloatware can be disabled without rooting the device so it's not a problem at all.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Enthusiast
Message 17 of 51
623 Views
Message 17 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?


@SergioPL wrote:

@pdes1 wrote:

Sounds great but according to Sony, "We’re really excited about the new Sony features & functionality and the improvements we’ve made to the user experience".  

 

Sounds like more of the dreaded Bloatware!


I don't think so. Of course it may have more Sony features from their other businesses but that's a part of ecosystem.

But the good thing is that except What's New most of what you call bloatware can be disabled without rooting the device so it's not a problem at all.


Exactly, it is nothing compared to Samsung. You are done in 5 minutes and they do not come back automatically and they do not rogue the battery, data and RAM all the time. Go to Apps and disable or uninstall them.

Apprentice
Message 18 of 51
610 Views
Message 18 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

Just for your information: I contacted dutch Xperia support through Twitter some time ago (also pointed them to this thread)  and october 8th they replied to me that the x.314 update for Z2 tablet is underway, exact date unknown but expected in max. 2 weeks. So, it is expected by Xperia support on or before october 22nd (at least for dutch Z2 tablet).

Inhabitant
Message 19 of 51
572 Views
Message 19 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

I am getting really confused by this thread.  I have had 17.1.2.A.0.314 (4.4.2) since I bought it a coupleof months ago.  As far as I can make out the wait is for 4.4.4.  Why is there a discussion about waiting for 4.4.2?  I suspect I have missed the point but would be grateful for a pointer.

 

Cheers

Demigod
Message 20 of 51
569 Views
Message 20 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?


@pdes1 wrote:

I am getting really confused by this thread.  I have had 17.1.2.A.0.314 (4.4.2) since I bought it a coupleof months ago.  As far as I can make out the wait is for 4.4.4.  Why is there a discussion about waiting for 4.4.2?  I suspect I have missed the point but would be grateful for a pointer.

 

Cheers


Because for some reason only generic / operator free wifi models in certain european region were not updated for over two months.

 

Right now we all wait not for 4.4.4 but for 5.0 Grinning Face

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)