account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 51
Message 41 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

@SergioPL wrote:

@jesustiago wrote:
Tried again this morning and it updated the device.

Didn't do anything else.

Experiencing problems now with the Sony flip cover, though.

When I close it, the tablet doesn't go to sleep.
But it does wake when I open it.

Anyone else with this issue or with some kind of help?

Yes, I also have this problem. Device isn't going to sleep. Wakes up without any problem.

Thanks for pointing that. Now I know where 15% of my battery disappeared (I have 5 mins screen off time).

I have noticed that there is a new function on the display menu "Smart Active viewing" and I also activated the other "Smart" functions and I have not experienced problems sofar.

Best regards,

Sheila

Learner
Message 47 of 51
Message 47 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

Can't find "smart active viewing" under the display menu... Nor other option relating to the sleep function of the flip cover..
Learner
Message 42 of 51
Message 42 of 51

Problem with screen brightness after the upgrade 4.4.4 ( xperia Z2 tablet wifi)

After known errors in "ultrastamina" mode that not work and the screen off when you close the cover (screen not power off).

With the brightness at the minimun or no, an error sum at the brightness of the screen when it is switched off automatically,  ON again after the double tap, and the screen brightness has black spots on her bottom in landscape mode or in the left in portrait mode. If you up the brightness more tan 50% or at the maximun and again back to the minimum...the problem in the screen dissapear, is fixed.  In 4.4.2 kitkat no one problem like this.

I mean you have to increase the brightness to 50% or more and then decrease to the minimum again, after that the error disappears.

Display the error occurs when you have the brightness of the tablet to a minimum...ideal for book reader at the night.

This update seems to have broken the appeal of this tablet as Ebook reader, portrait mode and cover screen off...strange hope a near fix soon.

Pleaase check, a greeting.

Adviser
Message 43 of 51
Message 43 of 51

Re: Problem with screen brightness after the upgrade 4.4.4 ( xperia Z2 tablet wifi)

hi! Do you also suffer from the many issues z2 phones user have been reporting since the 4.4.4 update? Or is your tablet fine except for superstamina mode?

Learner
Message 44 of 51
Message 44 of 51

Re: Problem with screen brightness after the upgrade 4.4.4 ( xperia Z2 tablet wifi)

Hi

Seems to be a mole infiltrated in Sony..... in Chrystmas.....$$$$$

Only use by now the tablet, model  wifi.

The ultrastamina "error" es veeery strange, just touch the option and...."error",  no a internal process or in the background...are a big in front error after touch the option of ultrastamina mode.

The error of the cover maybe are more comprensible...but ultrastamina....

By now error in the tablet wifi, not phone:

Ultrastamina not work.

Cover ( action to screen of clossing the cover ) not work.

And the BIG ONE that affect to the readers with the tablet,  brightness staggered spots on the edge of the screen in the lover brightness levels settings. (  starting the screen with lowered brightness levels after some time of automatic screen off  )

No one problem in the older version 4.4.2 of Android, just after the update...no hardware problem.

A greeting to all.

Learner
Message 45 of 51
Message 45 of 51

More exaclty:

When I tried an app to lower the brightness of those that allow placing the brightness below the officially established, when you lowered your brightness screen too with that application came out as black bars, well the defect to which I refer is the same but lower than those black bars.

But i try some time ago that app, actually i not ave any aplication to remove the brightness lower than.

Demigod
Message 46 of 51
Message 46 of 51

I can't reproduce it on my device.

Should I slide brightness down to minimum, disable auto, let it turn screen off, wait some time and then double tap?

How long should I wait?

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Highlighted
Learner
Message 48 of 51
Message 48 of 51

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

This appear only after the update to 4.4.4...before update all ok, is a thing of the update 4.4.4.

As i already said, if you increase the brightness to 50% and then back to the minimum 0% level again....the problem dissapear.

This dots appear after tap two time for screen on, with the minimum level birghtness, if you tap two time for screen on but with the brightness level at 50% or more, no one problem appear.

the spots are clearly visible......

Message 49 of 51
Message 49 of 51

Issues with Xperia™ Z2 Tablet Wi-Fi (SGP512) after upgrading to 4.4.4/20.0.1.A.0.167

After updating to 4.4.4 on my Xperia™ Z2 Tablet Wi-Fi (SGP512) I have been having the following issues:

• Screen won’t power off while charging via micro usb
  • Magnetic charging won’t work, just flashes LED on and off constantly
  • Screen refreshes constantly and becomes laggy when connected to any micro usb connection
  • SCR12 case won’t turn screen on/off when opened/closed
  • Touchscreen becomes unresponsive in many of the apps that were fine before
  • Gets stuck in boot loop when powering on requiring a reset (Power and Vol+)
  • Daydream option cause constant error loop message that needs reset to stop
  • Unlock screen sometimes unresponsive until power button double press to turn off and on
  • Ultra-stamina mode does not work, just gives an error message when I try to activate it

I have reinstalled the upgrade to no change and have checked all my options including developer options. These weren’t issues before I updated but are very annoying now, I also updated my Xperia Z2 phone at the same time and have none of these issues on that.

Is anyone else getting these issues as well as I've seen some of the posts have 1 or 2 of them but I seem to have gotten them all? Sony might want to consider Beta testing their updates.

Unrelated, there is no option to add an "Xperia™ Z2 Tablet Wi-Fi" in the devices without adding it as “OTHER”?

Demigod
Message 50 of 51
Message 50 of 51

Re: Issues with Xperia™ Z2 Tablet Wi-Fi (SGP512) after upgrading to 4.4.4/20.0.1.A.0.167

Hi!

Please check your charger. I'm using magnetic charger everyday and it works fine.

I had issues like those with blinking led and broken charging when connected charger from other manufacturer, despite it was rated 1500mA too...

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)