account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 21 of 51
Message 21 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

I was excited to see there's finally an update available for the Xperia Tablet Z2, version 23.0.1.A.0.167 ... until I tried installing it. Apparently it's not OTA so I used PC Companion. 

PC Companion immediately detects the new version and starts installing by "preparing", downloading the update, and then restarting the tablet. That's where it goes wrong: First time PC Companion immediately reports a problem with USB connection after first time installing.

The tablet appeared bricked and was unresponsive until I waited a while and disconnected it as stated by the error.

Every time since then when I try to install the update, it goes through the same procedure... preparing, downloading, rebooting, and then reports that there is no update available.

Things I tried:

- Extra charging the tablet (it's above 80%): Same result.

- From a different PC, actually a Sony laptop: Same result.

- Removing SD card from tablet see if that causes the problem: Same result.

- Restarting tablet, PC, laptop, different USB port etc.: Same result.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Or know the solution? Meanwhile both my tablet and PC Companion proudly keep reporting there's a new update available...

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 51
Message 22 of 51

I have noticed that it best to go for "Repair" rather than update in two occassions. So, I woud suggest to try "Repair" with the PC companion.

Best of lucks,

Sheila

Demigod
Message 23 of 51
Message 23 of 51

I don't see it yet but try another computer or at least USB 2.0 port. I had some issues with USB 3.0 but today I reinstalled OS on Z1 without any trouble.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Highlighted
Message 24 of 51
Message 24 of 51

same issue for me PC companion says that update is avaible download it and after reboot says that no update is avaiable for my tablet....

Learner
Message 25 of 51
Message 25 of 51

same issue here...

it starts updating through pc companion and then the tablet shuts down, appearing an error message on th PC...

Come on SONY.... you should do better than this...

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 51
Message 26 of 51

Got an update notification. Failures as reported by others. Also followed my own advice with Repair, PC Companion said no updates available for SGP512.

Very disappointed.

Demigod
Message 27 of 51
Message 27 of 51

Same here. Tablet informs about new firmware, PCC downloads it, shuts down the tablet and then "Sony update has no software for this device".

I will try from Bridge for Mac as soon as I regain 80% battery level to start download firmware. (SGP511)

EDIT: Sony Bridge for Mac fails too. Seems to be invalid image on the server.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 51
Message 28 of 51

Yay!!! I managed to get it. I connected my tablet and in the mean time I uninstalled my old Sony PC Companion, downloaded the new one, and installed the new one. And somehow it worked, it did take about 30 to 45 minutes. But it worked out for me.

Hope it works out for you, too.

Best regards,

Sheila

Visitor
Message 29 of 51
Message 29 of 51

Can't update to Android 4.4.4

HI BODY~

I come from Taiwan.

and when i used PCC to update Z2 Tablet (WIFI 32GB), it's shows download error.

I tried many solution to solve this problem.But i found that is SONY UPDATE SERVER PROBLEM

Because something download was MISSED, can't be update.

Please fix this error as soon as posible.

THANK YOU

Emperor
Message 30 of 51
Message 30 of 51

Re: Can't update to Android 4.4.4

It's probably a server error, just wait a bit longer. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)