account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

SOLVED
Demigod
Message 1 of 51
Message 1 of 51

Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

According to http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/tablets/xperia-z2-tablet-wifi/ new firmware was released also to SGP511/512 (WiFi variants) of Z2 Tablet.

Anyone seen it in the wild? I don't see it in Poland through OTA and PCC.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 51
Message 2 of 51

Re: Any news on rollout of 17.1.2.A.0.314 to SGP511 ?

It is rolling out and is available in Poland but only to at the moment Orange branded tablets

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

50 REPLIES 50
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 51
Message 2 of 51

It is rolling out and is available in Poland but only to at the moment Orange branded tablets

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 51
Message 3 of 51

@SergioPL wrote:

According to http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/tablets/xperia-z2-tablet-wifi/ new firmware was released also to SGP511/512 (WiFi variants) of Z2 Tablet.

Anyone seen it in the wild? I don't see it in Poland through OTA and PCC.

As you can see here, 17.1.2.A.0.314 has actually already rolled out in most markets, just a few are still behind. Same goes for SGP512 (wifi 32 GB). I'm in Belgium and my SGP512 is also still on .402

Clipboard01.png

Demigod
Message 4 of 51
Message 4 of 51

Thanks guys for your replies. I'll keep on waiting, hope it will roll out soon.

It's interesting that Orange sells Z2 Tablet in Wifi only variant in Poland, I'm really surprised by that Slightly smiling Face. I prefer operator-free devices.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
One time poster
Message 5 of 51
Message 5 of 51

I got the update about a week ago. I'm in Canada. The touch responsiveness has slightly gotten better with the update, but is still not quite perfect. The screen doesn't cease up like it used too, that's a plus. Given the type of device it is, its touch capabilites should be FLAWLESS. I seriously hope Sony is able to fully addresss the issue in an upcoming SW update.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 51
Message 6 of 51

You're hoping too much... This company makes horrible updates... I think the only solution is firing the hole Sony developers group they have, and hiring a new one.

x(

Commissioner
Message 7 of 51
Message 7 of 51

I think something is wrong in the roll-out procedure for part of Europe? Why else would it take so awfully long for the update to roll out to generic tablets in Europe? We're the last ones who are still on the old firmware except for one or two small operators!

Demigod
Message 8 of 51
Message 8 of 51

@DeGraaff wrote:

I think something is wrong in the roll-out procedure for part of Europe? Why else would it take so awfully long for the update to roll out to generic tablets in Europe? We're the last ones who are still on the old firmware except for one or two small operators!

Maybe there is a certification issue in one of the countries. I keep on checking at Xperifirm every day or two. Will let you know when it becomes available.

EDIT: Update for LTE SGP521 is also not available. I think that's the cause for lack of update for our unit.

Our update is for: France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands and Poland.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Apprentice
Message 9 of 51
Message 9 of 51

When will 17.1.2.A.0.314 update for tablet Z2 be available?

As update 17.1.2.A.0.314 has been released in july, it is still not available in the Netherlands. I'm experiencing problems with Netflix (audio sync) and Sony Netherlands told me through Twitter that the latest update resolves this issue. However, assuming they mean the update from july, it is still not downloadable in the Netherlands.

Latest version here is 17.1.1.A.0.402.

Also tried using PC, also no new update.

Demigod
Message 10 of 51
Message 10 of 51

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/10/07/android-4-4-4-firmware-23-0-1-a-0-167-finally-certified-for-xpe...

Maybe we should now wait for 4.4.4? Winking Face
Best regards,
Sergio PL

--