account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1battery life worse after new android update

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

xperia z1battery life worse after new android update

Installed system update for android 4.4.2, and I am losing 75% of my charge after a full nights charging.
Normally ( before update) I would have 75% depleted when I put it on to charge
I am not constantly on my phone, not leaving apps open, my wireless, blutooth is off.
I have even installed battery defender, and it tells me it's being mostly used by "Google services"
I'm not even signed in to Google

Any suggestions please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: xperia z1battery life worse after new android update

Try to remove any battery savers,task killers.Also go to settings-accounts-google-ads-tick opt out etc etc (this was suggested by one of our geniuses).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Try to remove any battery savers,task killers.Also go to settings-accounts-google-ads-tick opt out etc etc (this was suggested by one of our geniuses).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

have tried the solution, yet to find out if battery will last longer
To be honest, people always moan about battery savers and memory cleaners, and  although its good to be wary, I have always used the batterysaver from LLC.
I have never had any issues, and it is a really reliable app. It does work, and definatley makes my battery life at least 50% better

One time poster
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I've had the same problem.. Did the update Saturday and the battery life has been terrible... I'm down to 6% and its just gone 6.30pm.. and i'm normally on 75% and ive text from it twice.. i've only got a moonth left n the manafacturers guarentee so its worryiing me may take it back to store if it carrys on..

Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

You can simply use stamina,it is helpful.

One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I am having the same problem. Did upgrade at weekend and now my phone is losing power very quickly. I have tried putting it in stamina mode and disabling what I can. The phone is unusable like this!

Rookie
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Same issue with Xperia Z. Battery drain terrible. Stamina doesn't help. Looses most of charge overnight whilst on standby. X3 charges yesterday. Reset to manufacture settings / reinstalled everything n that didn't help. Google ads off. Can't go back to 4.3 either om lead to believe once installed kitkat. Not sure if update planned soon.
One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Same thing here!!!

After latest upgrade...

Disaster!

All powersavers (standard Sony) are: ON.

Battery history claims its Google-services consuming 95%.

I don't "video" or anything (that would drain battery.

FIX THIS ISSUE NOW PLEASE!

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Same for me.

All power savers on, google adds disabled.

Problem seems to be caused by the phone staying active when the screen is off. According to the battery usage screen google play services is the culprit.

The only way to get out of this state is to switch the phone off and on, the trouble you have usually lost half the battery by the time you notice,

The problem seems to occur when there is a poor internet connnection, most of the time in my case.

If I am on WiFi or in an area with strong 3G signal then the phone seems OK.

This is really annoying and it is not clear you can complain to.

Vodafone don't seem interested, despite taking my money every month.

Google are designing designing an autonomous car and they can't even design an OS for phone that will work 24hrs on battery.

This make me mad!

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Myself and my partner are both having the same problem since the latest update. Horrendous battery life, using stamina, all open apps closed, bluetooth off etc.

Sony, this is only since the latest update and needs a proper solution. The battery life is not good enough for this "mobile phone" to be classed as fit for purpose.