account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 wifi issue

Visitor
Message 61 of 103
Message 61 of 103

Re: xperia z1 wifi issue

I have the 14.2.a.0.290 update and i still have same problem with wifi, poor wifi signal, loosing connexion and issue when reconnecting... I hope that's just a software problem !!!!
usr
One time poster
Message 62 of 103
Message 62 of 103

Hello try to turn off "auto IP support" in network settings in advance. thats should help
One time poster
Message 63 of 103
Message 63 of 103

Hi,
I was facing problem with wifi connection at my Z1 from the early begining ;-\
The problem occured at attempt of connecting to my home WIFI network (using D-Link 524).

I was playing with channels, but no luck ;-(
Sometimes Z1 was connecting (1/50 attempts) but it was getting more and more annoying.
I was trying to change many different setting including uploading new firmware to my DLink.
I have read A LOT of forums and same problem related issues.

I am using Z1 (C6903) with branded Orange (Poland) firmware 14.1.G.2.257 (Android 4.2.2) not rooted using stock core (3.4.0-perf-....)

Today I have found sollution that may help other you guys to try to fix that problem.

I have realised that this problem occures at WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK settings. After I have changed  security setting to WPA-PSK now my Z1 is connecting 100/100 attempts :-D !

I hope it may help some of you

Good luck

Kris

k3i
One time poster
Message 64 of 103
Message 64 of 103

I have the same issue with my Z1, but for me it seems to only happens when the battery level is low. Around 30-40% it starts to drop wifi and swith to mobile data, the connect to wifi again and so on. 

II have tried factory reset, switch channels on my router (I am currently on channel 1), switch to wpa, wifi policy is always on. I tried all the suggestions in http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Wi-Fi-problems/m-p/348104. Nothing makes any difference.

I am running Android version 4.3. My firmware version is 14.2.A.1.136. My router is a Dlink DIR-635. The other devices connected to this router, an Samsung galaxy S4, LG-P500, laptop and printer, does not have any issues. 

Adviser
Message 65 of 103
Message 65 of 103

My Z1 says wifi signal is excellent yet its takes aboit a minute to download the abc app. My old phone S2 takes about 6 seconds !! Sony must be running out of excuses ! They told me to change wifi setting to static which did nothing except waste my time and money !! The phone is not even a week old and wifi never worked !!
Adviser
Message 66 of 103
Message 66 of 103

We should think about class action !!
Adviser
Message 67 of 103
Message 67 of 103

yes I had the same problem why I'm phone was connecting fast n another slow (z1) then I went into router settings on the router itself and changed To the automatic channel select mode. Previously the router was on Li Channel 6 and thus why the phone did not like this and was going very slow.I am using D Link router if you don't have an automatic setting then perhaps you should use trying like trying 11 or 10 see how you go. But in my case all I had to do was tick the box on the d'link for automatic channel selection and that did the trick. When you going to the d'link router you go to wireless setup that's where you have to tik the box. If you don't have a dlink router and some other router you should read instructions as to how to get into it.normally with routers you have to type a number into your computer address: browser.this number is given to you by the router to manufacture. Good luck!
Adviser
Message 68 of 103
Message 68 of 103

Also take care....I hear glass on Experia Z1 is easily fragile!! But Z1 does have some good points.
Adviser
Message 69 of 103
Message 69 of 103

It connected so slow to get wifi my old sam s2 was connecting about 10 times faster ! I had to change my router settings to auto channel. This worked at home but what if I need to connect to 3rd party wifis where I cannot control settings ? I think z1 should be recalled...toomany problems heat glass breaks so easilyetc etc !!
One time poster
Message 70 of 103
Message 70 of 103

My new Z1 keeps telling me it is avoiding poor connection , my Nexus 4 links to the same WiFi connection no problem. How do I force the Z1 to use the connection? If this can't be fixed I want another phone.....