account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 wifi issue

Rookie
Message 51 of 103
Message 51 of 103

Re: xperia z1 wifi issue

No it simply switches to 3g , LTE signal running like **bleep**, but now wi-fi connectivity

Rookie
Message 52 of 103
Message 52 of 103

kinda Stupid saying i must change anything , like walking to manager at mug and bean , please change your wifi settings cause i have a crap wifi connection, ya that will work.

Rookie
Message 53 of 103
Message 53 of 103

when touching the bottom part like holding a normal phone the wi-fi also drops and looses connectivity. a well lets see if sony get it sorted or ill have to simply claim a samsung, or LG g2

Visitor
Message 54 of 103
Message 54 of 103

I had the exact problem. My wife would connect and disconnect randomly. I changed my wifi router from WPA to WEP and problem solved!!!!!!!!
Visitor
Message 55 of 103
Message 55 of 103

Wifi.. not wife.. Lol
Visitor
Message 56 of 103
Message 56 of 103

I'm also having the same issues with weak WiFi reception. The HTC one sitting right next to my phone is getting a full bar reception and my Z1 is only getting 1. I tried setting the channel of my router to 11 as suggested before and it doesn't work. I tried turning off "Wi-Fi Optimisation" in Adavanced Wi Fi settings, didn't help either. I'm beggining to think that the issue has something to do with it being IP58 certified as the unit needs to be secured with thicker materials to pass the certification. Just my 2 cents. 

I hope you guys get this fixed, this is not a cheap phone.Slightly frowning Face

Visitor
Message 57 of 103
Message 57 of 103

Mine is updated to that version and i'm still experiencing this issue.

Adviser
Message 58 of 103
Message 58 of 103

My WIFI looks OK after the 4.3 update rolled out today!!!!

One time poster
Message 59 of 103
Message 59 of 103

It is embarrassing for Sony that their best smartphone has this kind of problem.

I left my iphone5 for something better. 

For me, my phone is a work tool. I don't have time to play with.

Sony must fix the wi-fi problem instantly!

All my devices (laptop, tablet, iphone5, Samsung gallaxy 4) have wifi signal 5/5 but my new 750euros sony z1 smartphone NO! only 1/5 at best! Only infront of  my rooter have 5/5 strenth signal.

I update to 14.1.G.2.257 but no change to the signal strengh. 

I Have to be on wifi al the time. Home, office, stores, everywhere! 

DO SOMETHING, fix the problem or indemnify us somehow!

Adviser
Message 60 of 103
Message 60 of 103

The solution is to upgrade to 4.3. That worked for me at least.