account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 wifi issue

Rookie
Message 41 of 103
Message 41 of 103

Re: xperia z1 wifi issue

I have the same issue, it's very annoying. I hope Sony will fix it with an update soon. Please signal this issue to Sony in order to make them know that a Wifi issue exist.

One time poster
Message 42 of 103
Message 42 of 103

I have the same issue with this phone
One time poster
Message 43 of 103
Message 43 of 103

i have a temp fix for the problem.

Go to settings>wifi>

tap and hold on the connected wifi

click on modify newtork

in the pop up screen click on show advance options

scroll down 

under ip settings click on static and look for dns and remove both the DNS and save.

go to your browser and try referesh.

this should fix your problem.

Regular
Message 44 of 103
Message 44 of 103

xperia z1wifi signal is weak

The wifi reception for xperia z1 is very weak ,although I am near to the modem the signal shows only 2 or 3 bar. Any suggestions?
Rookie
Message 45 of 103
Message 45 of 103

Re: xperia z1wifi signal is weak

I've contacted Sony and they told me to attempt to reinstall the smartphone via PC Companion but I don't think it will solve this..

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 103
Message 46 of 103

No, it will not solve this. I've done it already and it made it worse, actually. I also changed my router channels around and there was slight improvement, but the reception is still aseven if you are literally 5 meters away. It is beyond me how such an expensive phone can have such a wi-fi card.

Rookie
Message 47 of 103
Message 47 of 103

Please SONY help us !

One time poster
Message 48 of 103
Message 48 of 103

Same issue - had the phone a week and having serious issues with poor wifi connectivity when my ipad and my wife's Samsung S4 have full connectivity. Is there a fix or will I send it back?
Rookie
Message 49 of 103
Message 49 of 103

I have the same issue , where i usuall ycould walk outside my house having 3 or more bars of wifi ican even make the front door, will update now and hopefully resolve this , otherwise i am happy coming to Sony again.

is it normal for the phone to heat up everynow and again on charge??

Rookie
Message 50 of 103
Message 50 of 103

My default setting is below 11 and still crap poor wifi signal , never had this with my Samsung, Please fix this issue.