account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 wifi issue

Visitor
Message 91 of 103
Message 91 of 103

Re: xperia z1 wifi issue

I'm from germany and intended to upgrade from my Z to Z1.

I got an almost mint Z1 from ebay today and now I'm in this poor-wifi thread as well.

I'm very disappointed with the situation.

I now have android 4.4.4 and I guess this is not a software issue.

poorwifi.jpg

left is the Xperia Z, right the new Z1.

I cannot use wifi in the bedroom or kitchen now.

I cannot accept this for a sony product.

Tried to contact support today by email. 

lets wait..

bye Michael

One time poster
Message 92 of 103
Message 92 of 103

i have tried all the stuff in this forum thread and none was working for me ..i have been able to resolve the problem using an app from google play called FXR WiFi fix and rescue..

One time poster
Message 93 of 103
Message 93 of 103

i walk into the next room and i lose wifi connection....ive had it for 5 hours and im pissed off. please fix the problem asap. can't handle this for another 2 years of my contract

One time poster
Message 94 of 103
Message 94 of 103

I have the same issue it doesn't even pick up my broadband anymore. Not coming back to Sony ever!

One time poster
Message 95 of 103
Message 95 of 103

the problem on my phone is the wifi is connected but it still not processing then when i look up in the settings it said "saved" but still not processing. I already try to update the software using pc companion but still not solve the problem. 

One time poster
Message 96 of 103
Message 96 of 103

so anyone found any solution

Myz
One time poster
Message 97 of 103
Message 97 of 103

I had this problem, my phone wouldn't pick up the ip address, I thought it may be an app stopping the connection process, I booted my phone in safe mode which disables apps (press and hold power off option) phone connected to WiFi straight away, ip address saved. Restarted phone to normal, WiFi now working with no problem, issue is 3rd party (app) causing connection issue.

One time poster
Message 98 of 103
Message 98 of 103

My Xperia Z1 C6902 Model cant receive wifi signal from the wifi router just 3 meters away. Such a big nonsense problem from such a big company is not at all expected. Indian Products like Micromax are far better than this mobile. I have read people posting same problem again and again in sony support forum, but No solutions from sony. It is like sony created the support forum and let the people keep on barking on it, sony doesn't care to listen. 

Are you alive ? SONY

One time poster
Message 99 of 103
Message 99 of 103

Same issue
One time poster
Message 100 of 103
Message 100 of 103

January 2017,

Still having an issue with very low wifi signal.

Any solution?