account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 wifi issue

One time poster
Message 81 of 103
Message 81 of 103

Re: xperia z1 wifi issue - WHAT A NIGHMARE SINCE February up to now Unresolved.

I received my 3rd Sony Xperia on Warranty within 3 months of owning it via T-MOBILE.  It continues to have the following problem:

The WiFi is very difficult to manage, I have to login all the time and have over usage my Data Plan because it NEVER connects to WiFi automatically even my THIRD Sony Xperia Z1 S that I got 3 months ago, wow, 3 phones in 3 months and has these repeating problems.

After 2 weeks of email and software update from Tmobile and Sony, I Still have the same issue.  All my home device:  Kindle, Wife's iPhone, My Amazon Prime Fire streaming, Laptop all runs on wiFi so well except my brand new Xperia (3rd replacement on warranty) and my previous Xperia (2nd replacement) and my first Xperia (my first after giving up my Samsung 3 that works so well.

WHAT a BIG disappointment.  How can You finally FIX this WiFi Issue on this PHONE.

Not only that I have this water proof cover on the phone that keeps falling off....:-(  What a NIGHTMARE.

One time poster
Message 82 of 103
Message 82 of 103

Re: xperia z1 wifi issue

I am getting problem while connecting my mobile xperia z1 with my router. my router works fine with my laptop but when i connect to my mobile wifi is not working. kindly suggest any suggestin for my problem 

Visitor
Message 83 of 103
Message 83 of 103

Same problem, wifi seems to freeze after leaving the area and won't rescan. Connects perfectly after reboot

Enthusiast
Message 84 of 103
Message 84 of 103

I am having wifi issue..
official sony apps are not working on my phone, error is - no netwrok connection!!
but all other apps and browsers are working fine but www.sonymobile.com and all other sony websites are not opening in any browser of my browser.
pleas help me..

Visitor
Message 85 of 103
Message 85 of 103

Same problem here.

I have a lot of problems specially with music and video streaming (youtube, google play music). An basically a very weak wifi signal.

I have purchased this phone a couple of weeks ago, I'm a bit worried now, reading this problem have been submitted several months ago and never solved.

Do you suggest to change the phone for a different one?

Visitor
Message 86 of 103
Message 86 of 103

Someone of the staff can reply? Do you expect to solve this problem on a future software update?

Or I should try to ask for a new phone to the shop where I bought my new xperia?

I hope to receive a reply on the next 48 hours.

Best regards

One time poster
Message 87 of 103
Message 87 of 103

Had this compact for a week. Nice tool crap wifi definitely going back
One time poster
Message 88 of 103
Message 88 of 103

doesn't work for me ... Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 89 of 103
Message 89 of 103

THANK YOU!

dziękuję Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 90 of 103
Message 90 of 103

Just updated the firmware 14.4.A.0.157 (early Nov 2014) and the wifi is blazing fast!

Those with wifi problems please try this and see if it helps. Slightly smiling Face