account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Message 291 of 616
Message 291 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Jonnynch, that procedure is applicable on z ultra too. I tried it and it skips the line too. But ultra has no touch problem in normal use.
Adviser
Message 292 of 616
Message 292 of 616

I've also tried the steps Jonnynch suggested on other phones like the Xperia S and iPhone 5. All drawn lines were also "broken". But with normal usage, these phones have no issues at all, unlike the Z1 which happens randomly when playing games / web browsing / gesture typing.

Enthusiast
Message 293 of 616
Message 293 of 616

@broko you nailed it man, I was supposed to send this issue but we'll see if the next software update fixes the problem. I got the problem especially when browsing and playing games. Even when using pattern unlock. 

Apprentice
Message 294 of 616
Message 294 of 616

Rob113093 i have tried the procédure on iphone 4 and 4S. They do Not have the problem of broken lines when unlocked with a finger on screen. This is a really stupid calibration procedure, and in any way there is a problem because the broken lines also appear in use randomly.
Besides i had a iphone 4, 2 years of intense use and touchscreen absolutey never had the slightest problem and was exremely precise
Enthusiast
Message 295 of 616
Message 295 of 616

let's not blur the lines on the problem here. We're talking about the z1 and let's ot include other devices so as not to confuse even the mods in resolving the problem. (If they really are solving the issue)

Enthusiast
Message 296 of 616
Message 296 of 616

Hey. I'll have to agree that this test is not really a good way to test any device.

If I understand it well, the guy places his finger on the touchscreen, drawing something, than turns off the screen and doesn't remove the finger, then turns it on again and the line gets chopped. Well, of course it will get chopped. Not any normal user does that when using the phone. I think this is a thing of all smartphones. The touchscreen is also related to software, so when you turn off the screen it will naturally stop registering input. I think the whole test is botched like this.

A real test will show the chopped line in ALL conditions. While playing games, while browsing, while using the interface in general. And not while the display is actually turned off, so that the line gets interruped because of the design of touchscreens (and not because of this bug).

This is why I linked to the chinese video, when a person reproduces the bug by touching the metal frame of the phone. That video is a very good test, a real test. I'd like to understand more about that problem, and not about the limitations of current touchscreen technology that affect every single smartphone out there. tongue

Apprentice
Message 297 of 616
Message 297 of 616

The problem is real and happens in normal use and there are also videos of it. This is just a way of triggering it for sure.
I have the z1 i know what i am talking about
Enthusiast
Message 298 of 616
Message 298 of 616

Absolutely, the problem is when swiping and when your finger is on the screen for a prolonged period of time.

Happens also during pattern unlock, playing games. Browsing, and swiping through the album

Broko is correct since the video itself and I have tested it and it seems the problem is on the hardware side.
Visitor
Message 299 of 616
Message 299 of 616

Went to Sony store and they replaced my 1 week Z1. The sad (or good) news is that ALL the phones I tested (about 5), including my new one, have the same touch screen problem. I open Sketch, wait for 30 secs, start drawing, then I hold the phone in the aluminum base with two fingers, there's the problem again.
Enthusiast
Message 300 of 616
Message 300 of 616

mine works when alu frame is touched when the problem starts occuring. However, even touching the alu frame, broken lines are still produced