account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

One time poster
Message 271 of 616
Message 271 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

guys, I had this problem as well, even on the new firmware 14.2.A.0.290, android 4.3. I couldn't play games properly and got me so annoyed, hope they actually fix the issues with the phone, and then it will be an awesome phone!! Anyway saying that, after trying things out, I "accidental" put my phone into safe mode, so I thought why not try now...and guess what!! There's no lag when playing the same game which was causing the problem while on the normal mode. I need to try it out more to actually confirm if that fixes it, but it seems like it's working, but then having to go to safe mode everytime playing the game is bit of an effort. If this is the case it might be a software problem or caused by third party applications, as mentioned on this different thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

I hope this helps for some people!! thumbs up

Enthusiast
Message 272 of 616
Message 272 of 616

Tried booting in safe mode and the problem is still there. It's hardware problem

Regular
Message 273 of 616
Message 273 of 616

Greetings from Poland!

Unfortunetly my Z1 also has this touchscreen problem. Last update to Android 4.3 temporary fixed the problem, it took about one week when it came back. So I think it some sort of software issue.

Sony! This is 27 page, just fix this ok?

Message 274 of 616
Message 274 of 616

I got new xperia z1 replaced from the service center. My first phone had touch issue too. I was happy when i got it. But after a week problem came back. Its weird why the problem didn't occur that first week. I think there is something cache or whatever is the problem. Not a hardware.
Apprentice
Message 275 of 616
Message 275 of 616

My z1 has had this exact problem since day one. Since 4.3 update it seems to occur less often but has not dissapeard, i presume they have tried to correct the hardware problem by more software filtering or more sensitivity. But touchscreen really is not as it should be especially in games.
So dissapointing. Will take it back for service in a few month hoping they have time to solve the problem, the last thing i want is a new phone with the same issue...
Message 276 of 616
Message 276 of 616

So my point is, how is that possible that this problem exist in a brand new z1 which i got replaced by service center? If it is hardware problem, how can they make mistake again and again in every new phone? My guess is its software issue. Because it works fine after a factory reset or even a reboot. Hope sony fix it soon.
Adviser
Message 277 of 616
Message 277 of 616

It is quite possible to make the same fault new Z1 if
A) it is a designflaw that makes the HW weak in this aspect (a flat cable that pics up static from frame etc.) - AND
B) Sony fail to identify the fault, and because of this, do not modify the design.

The latest is the problematic part. - the first is almost impossible to guarantee against before you have a sufficient number of units in the market.
acm
Learner
Message 278 of 616
Message 278 of 616

This may sound weird, but I just installed the free version of avast! Mobile Security, and the problem seems to be gone, haven't had it for three days now.
One time poster
Message 279 of 616
Message 279 of 616

i have this same problem, sad
since december, i instal 4.3 android and still have this problem,
i wish to sell this **bleep**ty phone , and never go back to Sony ,.,,, sry 

Adviser
Message 280 of 616
Message 280 of 616

Same problem here, and SONY found a way to deny guarantee to me, so they did it. Sadly, quality of sony products is not the best, but the really worst is customer support, there is no customer focus in this company. I will keep samsung as my brand