account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Enthusiast
Message 261 of 616
Message 261 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

There is no point in conversing with people that are set out to take as much money from you as they can. The people at the retailer's office aren't employed by Sony, but have the power to screw me over and refuse to replace my phone (which they should, given that I live in a real country, which I don't). This isn't right however I look at it. I was ridiculed and even offended several times. The people there told me I am not capable of handling such a device. My job is to test mobile games on smartphones and tablets. It's my frecking job to know what I am doing and when a bug is caused by a 3rd party or not. But none of this matters, they will make everything they can to screw me over.

So yes, spread the word, tell your friends not to buy these phones and this brand in general. They refused to acknowledge the self-bending problem, the self-cracking problem, and have said nothing about the touch screen problem. The person who works at the firm that sold me the Z1 phone said that he NEVER heard of anyone having such a problem.

If Sony were a correct firm, they would specifically instruct all retailers to take in and fix devices with this issue immediately, instead of offending customers and refusing to ackowledge this brand.

I may have written a lot of bad things, but I'll be damned if these things are lies or are written without a real reason.

EDIT: I see that an admin edited my message, deleting all the word out of it. So why the do you have a cencorship system here if you're also going to delete whatever was ALREADY censored? Another example of good Sony logic. If it's fixed - break it.

Apprentice
Message 262 of 616
Message 262 of 616

Sony brand is just crap and iwill never buy sony again i have an alpha camera and the lcd screen has problems bought 2 z1 both withtouchscreen problems bought a smarthwatch and got scratched dont even know how

so belive me is like a 3rd world brand made by monkeys with lots of scams in warrantys they dont have the balls to admit their design mistakes
acm
Learner
Message 263 of 616
Message 263 of 616

I've also noticed this problem, but it's very sporadic in my phone; I mean, it's not unusable as it happens with other people's phones , but quite annoying when it occurs.
acm
Learner
Message 264 of 616
Message 264 of 616

It may also work to keep commenting on this forum so the topic grows more noticeable.
Enthusiast
Message 265 of 616
Message 265 of 616

There isn't anything the forum admins/mods can do about this, as this is a hardware issue.

The actual problem is that retailers blame this bug on customers and try to avoid replacing the phones.

Regular
Message 266 of 616
Message 266 of 616

I just noticed how bad this problem is when I was laying on the sofa with the phone and tried to use it while it was laying flat on the sofa, it was crazy how bad it is

I'm gonna phone vodafone and tell them about the problem, anyone ever tried getting a different phone for there contract as this phone has a broken screen not the mention the camera is a joke.
Apprentice
Message 267 of 616
Message 267 of 616

I also have the same problem with the touchscreen. I sent my z1 2 time the Sony support and I received a later with the unther that the device work with specificaction of Sony. the touchscreen error is still.
Visitor
Message 268 of 616
Message 268 of 616

Im sure by now Sony can tell this is not an isolated sitation. Theres 27 pages of replies here, yet no real official word. Its not an issue that's going to be fixed in the official 4.3 update, as I am still experiencing this problem with that update currently installed on my phone.

I have supported all of Sony and Sony Ericssons devices through the years, hopefully expecting a response to all these pages of coments isnt asking too much? Ive been having some major problems due to this touch issue. As a case in point:

In Real Racing 3 I have countless times gone totally off to the right of the track, when I should have been turning left around a corner seeing as I have my finger pressing to the left of the screen repeatedly (using the "buttons" setting from the controls menu). This doesnt happen on my other devices, so I'm 99.9% sure its a device specific issue. As another example, I have also countless times spent gold coins that I did not intend to spend, in fact, its impossible for me not to, every time I have two cars being serviced, and try to click the service sign for a 3rd car, instead of clicking the service button, the device ends up selecting "skip service" button below it, which costs me from around 6-10 gold coins each time. Now this is the issue EVERY time the device is warm, and while playing games like this, the device is warm after just a couple of minutes. 

I hope this example explains the kind of frustration that can come from an issue like this, an issue that should not exist on any phone, especially not a top tier priced, flagship device such as this. I am sure the examples may be far fetched to visualise, but I have tried to use only facts to explain the issue.

Can/will this be fixed? And if so please elaborate on when and how.

I look forward to your reply

Kind Regards

Enthusiast
Message 269 of 616
Message 269 of 616

Rolex1, your only hope is to bring your Z1 back to the retailer and demand a replacement or a hardware fix. The touchscreen issue is absolutely a hardware one (given the tons of proof we already have), and it appears that retailers will do their best to ignore you, saying it was caused by 3rd party software.

We all know that this is bs. It is not caused by 3rd party software. The retailers tend to think we are idiots, and that we would believe that an issue like this can be caused by some game from the Play Store. After 4 complete factory and SUS resets/repairs it becomes apparent that this issue is not caused by software.

Just bring your device back to the retailer and insist on a fix. Do not give up.

And one more thing - do not think that Sony actually care how much you have supported them. A company that cares does not try to cover up its huge problems and blame them on the honest, paying customers. I have a few Sony products myself (including mp3 players, PlayStation, PSP, Televisions, etc) and I can assure you - nobody at sony gives two cents about it. They want our money, that's all. It doesn't matter how they take them.

I've been hating on Apple, but they actually have superior everything (except software, iOS is terrible). Their customer service has even refunded people who did not deserve a refund. And we,  Sony customers, get the opposite - my retailer even tried to threaten me, saying 'when they prove I caused it they were going to charge me for the repairs'.

Can you believe this?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 270 of 616
Message 270 of 616

whoah that's awful dude! have you tried contacting other service centers aside from that? That is ridiculous!

Have you seen the teardown of z1 in xperiablog? maybe the touchscreen itself is not faulty but the flex and others that are attached to it.