account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Visitor
Message 191 of 616
Message 191 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

I found out a way which lessens tge issue from happening.

Go to Settings > Language and Input > Scroll to the lowest > Open Pointer Speed > make it the slowest (to the most left)...

See if this helps... It works for me tho, lessened the touchscreen from going crazy...
Adept
Message 192 of 616
Message 192 of 616

hi there,

maybe you might want to take a legal action if any of your friend who are lawyer who can help on it or hope this is another way which you can rock the issue by filing a complain to  International Consumer Protection and Enforcement Network (ICPEN), Japan Consumer Affairs Agency is part of the member, which I do believe Japan never want to have one company to spolit their country image of upholding "Quality".

http://www.econsumer.gov/english/members/overview.shtm

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 193 of 616
Message 193 of 616

check out what I have found on the Xperia SP (which also has similar touchscreen problems) support forum page: 

Re: Xperia SP Display Problem!

Problem solved.

After reflash original locale firmware with "right costumize code!!!" problem is gone since one week. Repai with SUS and wrong costumizecode inside the phone will not help!

Problem come only back after flash any SystemUi-mod or wrong deodexed files.

To those who are experiencing the touchscreen problem on their Z1's, have you ever flashed a different regional firmware to your phone? My original firmware was from T-Mobile NL, the i flashed a Generic NL firmware to get rid of the T-Mobile logo at startup. I think i didnt experience the issue while my Z1 was still running on the original T-Mobile firmware. Has anyone experienced the same, or does this even make any sense?

Regular
Message 194 of 616
Message 194 of 616

"Go to Settings > Language and Input > Scroll to the lowest > Open Pointer Speed > make it the slowest (to the most left)..." seems to work on the first view... thank you for posting this. I'll give it a try and will report my experiences...

Enthusiast
Message 195 of 616
Message 195 of 616

Have flashed the generic firmware for my country. PH. Problem is still there. Orig firmware flashed when using SUS was from SG. Did not find any significant changes

Talent
Message 196 of 616
Message 196 of 616

Finally I got my phone replaced and I don't seem to have the touch screen problem, however my battery back is pathetic. I only get 10 to 11 hours of backup with moderate use in this handset its very frustrating with never ending problem. On my previous 2 handsets I would get close to 20 to 24 hrs of battery with moderate use

Visitor
Message 197 of 616
Message 197 of 616

Re: Z1 Touchscreen issue

I got an issue to my Z1 touch screen won't work anymore when it overheats but sometimes it is working is this an hardware issue or just software? please reply. i can't even touch the menu back and home button in the bottom Slightly frowning Face 

Apprentice
Message 198 of 616
Message 198 of 616

apparently the moderators deleted a slightly inapropriate reply i posted earlier (which is intended), yet they r not bothered to giv us a reply or answer. good job sony

Regular
Message 199 of 616
Message 199 of 616

Maybe issues get solved?

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/android-4-3-rolling-out-to-sony-xperia-z1-and-z-ultra/

For me "Settings > Language and Input > Pointer Speed>slowest" seem to ease the touch problem - it's not completely gone, but better - maybe much better :-).

But, for sure, it has to be solved - from the company responsible for the devices they sell to us, the customers.
4.3 is not available yet in Germany, but... I'm excited if they adress this topic.

Enthusiast
Message 200 of 616
Message 200 of 616

A software update will not solve an electrical grounding issue.