account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Regular
Message 121 of 616
Message 121 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Wow i got the same here c6903 13w37 CB5
Only S/N and SI are a little bit differend :-/ i dont have such a big problem like guys but it happens to me 2 times per day
Enthusiast
Message 122 of 616
Message 122 of 616

You can also find this information on the sticker that should be on your phone's original boxing.

I am not sure if the S/Ns are a guarantee for anything, but mine begins with CB51 and it's also bugged. This could mean there are several batches with these issues, or that it's just down to bad luck and not a whole batch.

Enthusiast
Message 123 of 616
Message 123 of 616

So this boils down to a hardware problem.. Or maybe there are batches that uses a different hardware like us who are experiencing this problem and our screen just needs a software tweak for it to work. Since the generic software update wont work.. Lets hope for the best on the next update. If Sony really cannot fix this problem then its time to switch since Sony does not really care for this problems and just turns a blind eye on it.
guy
One time poster
Message 124 of 616
Message 124 of 616

I have the same problem Slightly frowning Face
Enthusiast
Message 125 of 616
Message 125 of 616

What is your Serial Number? Too many people are experiencing this problem and yet Sony turns a blind eye on this one. Sony prove yourself that you care for your customers! 

Visitor
Message 126 of 616
Message 126 of 616

My z1 is BH90C*****, 13W38. The problem exist.

I am waiting for the staff to reply as he said he will update the thread, link below:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1/Z1-Touchscreen-issue/td-p/434537/highlight/false/page/2

I hope we will get an offical reply soon.

Enthusiast
Message 127 of 616
Message 127 of 616

Don't expect too much from the update of the staff since that is a generic reply and he wont ever get back to you with a result.

All we have to do now is:

1. Find a third party app that can calibrate our screen or patch it up. Much like with xperia tipo and others

2. Wait for the official update.

3. If both 1 and 2 did not solve the problem then it's a hardware problem and shame on you Sony. 

Enthusiast
Message 128 of 616
Message 128 of 616

Re: Z1 Touchscreen issue

Hello, it's been two weeks in this thread, and month or more overall since this bug was reported by many of us.

There is still no reply, no feedback from Sony whatsoever... Can we expect anyone from Sony to address this issue by the end of this year? Or should we prepare ourselves for a fix sometime in mid 2015?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 129 of 616
Message 129 of 616

I'm convinced this is HW related - and if so - only thing Sony need to do is acknowledge the problem, and give their service workshops instructions on how to solve the problem, or exchange the phone.

All electronic products might have HW faults - so this is NOT the problem - the problem is Sony not taking responsible actions to solve the problems for it's customers.

The service centers are not to blame - it is almost impossible to get this kind of faults to appear under controlled environments, in the time allowed for warranty repair.

It is the engineers at Sony who have to find the root cause for the fault - but first they have to acknowledge that the problem exist.

My phone is in for service - i "had" to buy a Nexus 5 to stay connected - as I'm not optimistic on the prospects on geting a OK Z1 in 2013

Inhabitant
Message 130 of 616
Message 130 of 616

It is a HW issue! When the phone is in a anti static area. There is no issue.