account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Highlighted
Learner
Message 611 of 616
Message 611 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Yes I solved it by buying a galaxy s6 never again will I buy Sony
Learner
Message 612 of 616
Message 612 of 616

come on now man, it's so freaking expensive phone. I think I have to buy xperia SP as secondary phone.

Learner
Message 613 of 616
Message 613 of 616

Okay I'm back with some good news. I tried everything like flashing, installing touch screen calibration apps etc. but none of them work. I throughly cleaned and installed a glass protector few days back and since then my touch screen is working fine.

For further info check this out :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z1/help/random-touches-help-fix-t2887299/post65015081#post650...

This method needs root though so please let me know if you've solved your problem? smile happy

Learner
Message 614 of 616
Message 614 of 616

I solved this problem with my phone! The reason is in bad electrical contacts of touchscreen.

I discovered that when squeezed lower part of phone bit harder than usual. Surprisingly I discovered new menu on the screen. I repeated experiment several times and could be able to reproduce different touch screen reactions without touching of the screen itself. Just squeezing or twisting the phone, nothing more... The reason of incorrect touch screen behaviour became clear. Bad electric contacts in the lower part of touch screen. Some mechanical deformation leads to unpredictable reaction of screen to user actions. Switching off the screen could solve a problem temporarly because of discharge in some electrical circuits but after switching on the screen "almost good" contacts returned to their "jitter".

Clear that screen protector cannot solve a problem.

So, how to fix? Some twisting, bending... After several "brute forcing" of the phone I got perfectly working touch screen. Electric contacts returned to their correct positions. And I made screen recalibration.

Definitely, my next phone will not be sony with its bad assembly quality.

One time poster
Message 615 of 616
Message 615 of 616

try you reset your xz1 and then you charge with magnetic port charger don't use the micro usb port and must better you avoid from overheated, mine is work perfectly..
Learner
Message 616 of 616
Message 616 of 616

I had troubles with touchscreen. My colleague had problems with battery. Sony does not want support z1 and provide new android...

We moved from sony to another smartphone vendor. That finally solved the problem with terrible sony products and support policies.