account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Talent
Message 31 of 55
Message 31 of 55

Re: sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Faulty Battery. I think u need a OEM battery exchange like others had done. (Just a suggestion)

Regular
Message 32 of 55
Message 32 of 55

Re: sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Exactly as I told you. Software repair creates just an illusion for few days as the problem has been resolved. 

Your battery is dead same as other Z1 / Z1 Compact users. The poor quality battery used by Sony is the cause. They die due to heat and stress. Get a new OEM battery and replace it.

Now your phone dies at 30%, eventually, this would become 50% and then 70% within few weeks. 

Place a ruler on the back of the device and check whether you can see any symptoms of a swallen battery.

Talent
Message 33 of 55
Message 33 of 55

I agree with you Rishoban. Thank you my friend. I have no other option now other than replacing it with a new OEM battery. My Z1 is hardly 2 years old now and already I have to see these issues. Really dissapointed Slightly frowning FaceDizzy FaceThinking FaceSlightly frowning Face

Talent
Message 34 of 55
Message 34 of 55

I checked with a ruler on the back of the device. Yes indeed, the battery has swollen and the back plate has bulged out a bit Worried FaceWorried FaceWorried Face

Regular
Message 35 of 55
Message 35 of 55

You are welcome. 

By the way, you are lucky becuase the device is 2 years old. 

My one was just 7 months old when this happend. Never expected such a thing from Sony. 

Are you from South Asia?

Talent
Message 36 of 55
Message 36 of 55

Yes. I am from India. Even I am shocked to see this happening from Sony. Previously I have used Neo L, SP models, but such things never occured. Dont know why this model has been facing issues by users almost all over the world Worried FaceWorried FaceWorried Face

Visitor
Message 37 of 55
Message 37 of 55

I've got the exact same issue described here. Mine only began after the phone was repaired under warranty when they replaced the main board and updated all the software/firmware. Since its return it's been virtually unusable because of this problem and has really tested my faith in Sony products. The warranty is now showing as expired despite having three months left and all they advise is repair software from pcc. Obviously this doesn't work. Where do I stand now? Stuck.in a contract with no warranty and an expensive paperweight?
Talent
Message 38 of 55
Message 38 of 55

With no other options, today I visited Sony Service Centre to get a new OEM battery installed for my phone. The Service Centre people denied for battery replacement as the phone is purchased outside country. I bought the phone from UAE, the model is C6903 and right now I am in India. They are saying we are not authorised to service other country models except India. I am really dissapointed and shattered by this. Over that they are advising to purchase a non OEM battery from local seller and get it replaced from a local mobile technician. I know that all the versions of Z1 have common battery. Why cant they give this simple service to sony phone owners and over that they give silly advises to get it repaired somewhere outside. I was ready to take up all expenses for the battery replacement but still they denied. I am really dejected to be a sony user. Hats down to sony. I am no more a sony user now as i threw the phone to garbage while returning back. Sony should be ashamed for these kind of pathetic customer service. Shame on you sony.

One time poster
Message 39 of 55
Message 39 of 55

Hi Guy,  I already try what already suggestion  but Fail. After change battery .....Now become normal back. The issue start upgrade to lollipop. What happen to me , My battery will shutdown 85% and have fast charge to 100%. Never go to battery weak 15%....When start charge will start by 85% not 1% after shutdown...

Talent
Message 40 of 55
Message 40 of 55

Hello pradeepz1

its not only sony even samsung also do the same. my brother used samsung nnote . he bought it from UAE. and after two years that tab suddenly stopped working. I checked from online it was samsung tab fault. when I contact samsung they said its from outside from the country so can't repair it.  Only apple gives the international warranty. I hope someday sony will do the same. Slightly smiling Face