account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Genius
Message 21 of 55
Message 21 of 55

Re: sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

because the battery is faulty - read my last post on the subject on these forums - not the post above but my last post on another thread about my findings here http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/charging-battery-problem-after-lollipop-update/m-p/10708...

Talent
Message 22 of 55
Message 22 of 55

Re: sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Hello. My Z1 is sometimes shutting down by itself when the battery level reaches around 30%. What could be the possible issue and how to resolve it? Is it advisable to test the phone in safe mode?Will appreciate for a quick reply.

Talent
Message 23 of 55
Message 23 of 55

Screenshot_2015-12-21-12-38-27.png

Talent
Message 24 of 55
Message 24 of 55

People, waiting for a reply.

Genius
Message 25 of 55
Message 25 of 55

I believe your question has been answered by me already, follow the link above, there isn't much else anyone can add, your phone appears to fit the profile I have descibed for having a faulty battery and it needs replaced

Talent
Message 26 of 55
Message 26 of 55

If the battery is faulty, how it is possible that the phone is working fine till the end of battery level when booted in safe mode and it does not shutdown like in normal boot mode.

One time poster
Message 27 of 55
Message 27 of 55

Iv just had to send mine into Sony because of this problem, mine started doing the same after I updated it, to where it would randomly cut out my service, shut down, then wouldn't boot, then I had to plug it in to get it to boot, the battery would show 98% then 26% then back to 90odd, the random crashing and shutting down has made my phone unusable I just hope it's covered under the warranty 

Talent
Message 28 of 55
Message 28 of 55

Finally a software repair has solved the shut down issue. Phone is much stable now and alive till very low battery levels. So definitely it was not a faulty battery.

Regular
Message 29 of 55
Message 29 of 55

How long have you been using the device after running a software repair?

Because, flashing roms, firmwares, repairing software would solve the issue temporarily. However, for many users the issue would start again in few days. 

Talent
Message 30 of 55
Message 30 of 55

Its been only a day after the software repair and what  is this now Angry FaceAngry FaceAngry Face

Screenshot_2015-12-30-15-58-15.png