account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Learner
Message 11 of 55
Message 11 of 55

Re: sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

how much do sony charge to replace the battery? i don't want to send it and find out that they charge an extortionate amount of money to replace it as it would then cost me to receive the phone back

my phone is still under guarantee but as far as i'm aware, sony have put in a clause so they don't have to replace the battery for any reason

Emperor
Message 12 of 55
Message 12 of 55

Re: sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

@bigviv

No one can answer that question here on the forum, check with your local Xperia Care

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 13 of 55
Message 13 of 55

Had exactly the same problem, tried everything that others recommended, no change.......... Sent the phone back to Sony for repair, 5 days later and one changed battery, phone is just like new!!
Check the warranty on your phones and send it back for repair!!
Message 14 of 55
Message 14 of 55

Hi. I had the same problems that you guys are listing up. Shutting down with 70% etc... Tried all I could find in this forum. PCC, reeboot etc... Without any luck. My sollution was to change the battery. My phone is like new.Notice that I changed it myself because I didn't have warranty any more. You will find good videos on YouTube and batteries on ebay. But use your warranty if you still got one.
Genius
Message 15 of 55
Message 15 of 55

I have this same problem since LP upgrade

The battery will drain from 40% - 50% approx to 1% in seconds and the phone will shut down, put on charger for 10 mins and the battery shows 91% charge - now that can't be right, no issues on KK

There is something seriously wrong with how the battery level is monitored in LP, I have also read on the internet many other people with this issue not just Sony - even Nexus (Googles own hardware)

What can also trigger this event is a shutdown restart of the phone even when the battery is at 60%

This needs urgent attention

Regular
Message 16 of 55
Message 16 of 55

I had the same problem and I went to a sony service center. As they told to me they re-flash firmware (something we can’t do by PCC or other tool as I know) and now my mobile is working as well as new. This is the only solution as far as I can see coz nothing help me beside that (like S/W updates, S/W repair, Factory reset)

Hope you got the answer.

Chamila_T
Learner
Message 17 of 55
Message 17 of 55

Have got the same problem when upgraded to 5.0.2

And the problme exist with 5.1.1

Rolled back to 4.4.4 and the problem dissapered

Apprentice
Message 18 of 55
Message 18 of 55

IPaltus How did you solved it with rollback to 4.4.4. Did you flash it, do you have instructions?. I like to hear it please

Visitor
Message 19 of 55
Message 19 of 55

I have even changed my battery then also it is showing the same problem

Ncj
One time poster
Message 20 of 55
Message 20 of 55

So
..actually why is the phone shutsdown suddenly at battery blow 50%?