account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Regular
Message 1 of 55
Message 1 of 55

sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Hello everyone, i have a "sudden shut down problem" with my Xperia Z1 C6903 too.

Sudden Shutdown always happens at about 70% for the first time, after been fully charged. I cant turn it on right afterwards but if i wait 1 min. it works. However sooner or later the phone, somewhere between the remaining battery, will repeatedly shut down again. I couldnt find out what triggers it and android battery test show that the battery is ok.

I am not an expert with these devices, but i hope it is a software or calibration problem?

There is a similar threat which points to the solution of using Sony PC Companion Software repair, i tryed it twice and it did NOT help!

edit:

I havent changed the device after PC Companion repair step, thus no other Apps are running and no energy managment has been configured (stamina mode)

edit 2:

hidden battery info * # * # 4 6 3 6 # * # * shows:

battery health: good

battery voltage: 3969 mV

battery temperature: 36.6° C

is there a way which gives me more details than just "good"? And what does that even mean?

54 REPLIES 54
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 55
Message 2 of 55

Re: sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Contact Sony Xperia Support for more information .
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Genius
Message 3 of 55
Message 3 of 55

Re: sudden shut down battery problem, factory reset and SW update/repair did NOT help

Hi Mixta, welcome to the community! 

That is strange. Are you using original charging accessories or third party charging accessories? I would advise contacting Sony Xperia Customer Care in your region if the software repair didn't help. You can find the contact details for the team in your region by clicking the link in my signature.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 4 of 55
Message 4 of 55

How about my edit 2 part?

What is the battery health rating range? And how meaningful and accurate is it?

Is it possible to read out more battery informations?

thank you

Yuu
One time poster
Message 5 of 55
Message 5 of 55

Hi, I have exactly the same problem after upgtading my phone to lollipop. I tried repair from PC companion and facfory rest, but no luck.

Do you think it is Because of the battery? Never had this problem before upgrading to lollipop. The other thing I notice is when the phone suddenly shutdown (baterry jump from 50-60% to 0%), I just need to plug in my charger and wait a moment before turning it on, then here is the problem.
1. Sometimes the battery indicator shows 50% or slightly lower than before shutting down.
2. The other times, it will show accordingly that the baterry is out (1% because it's charging)
3. Most of the times, there is a message "android is upgrading...", when turning it on.

Any idea how to solve this problem?
Learner
Message 6 of 55
Message 6 of 55

I am having the same problem with my C6903. Whenever the battery level discharges from 100% to about 81% the phone suddenly shuts down showing battery level 0%. Then when I reboot it, it shows battery level of 80% or 50% and then it shuts down very soon after. Sometimes when it is plugged in to charge, it shows 1% charge and if the phone is powered on immediately, it shows a charge level of 70% plus. Each time that I boot the phone it shows "android is updating".  All of this is very frustrating and it makes the phone unusable. This started after the upgrade to Lollipop. My battery test result also shows that the battery is "good".

Regular
Message 7 of 55
Message 7 of 55

Same with me. it's shutting down always at below 50% battery level. how about replacing battery?? anyone ???

Chamila_T
Emperor
Message 8 of 55
Message 8 of 55

@Chamila_T

You could either repair the phone with PCC, if that doesn't work you could either take it to a Sony Xperia Care to get it inspected or replace the battery yourself but this will void the warranty and/or damage the phone if you are not careful. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 9 of 55
Message 9 of 55

thanks.

I already send it to sony service center coz i I was afraid to lose my chance with warranty.

thank u again.

Chamila_T
Emperor
Message 10 of 55
Message 10 of 55

@Chamila_T

Anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)