account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

[solved] Z1 won't charge with some USB port

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

[solved] Z1 won't charge with some USB port

Hello, 

When I try to charge my Z1 with the USB port of my car (Nissan Micra) or with my professional computer (on which I don't have admin rights), it doesn't work. It's just like if the phone wasn't connected at all. 

Does anybody know why ? It's very upseting Slightly frowning Face

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pauline

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Z1 won't charge with some USB port

Sony answered this : 

"Pour que votre appareil charge sur un port USB, vérifier les points suivants :

Réglages>connectivité Xperia> Connectivité USB :

Installation du logiciel doit être désactiver, et l'appareil doit être en mode MSC."

I don't know how to translate this (I'll try to come back later with a good translation) but I had to make changes in my settings... and it works *\o/*

Thank you Slightly smiling Face

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Are you using a Sony micro USB cable?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Not a Sony one, but it works fine on my personnal computer (on which I have admin rights). 

I thought it was perhaps because the phone couldn't install Sony Companion...?

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Installing PCC has nothing to do with charging your device

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Sony answered this : 

"Pour que votre appareil charge sur un port USB, vérifier les points suivants :

Réglages>connectivité Xperia> Connectivité USB :

Installation du logiciel doit être désactiver, et l'appareil doit être en mode MSC."

I don't know how to translate this (I'll try to come back later with a good translation) but I had to make changes in my settings... and it works *\o/*

Thank you Slightly smiling Face

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

It is likely to do with the voltage the USB port is putting out, if it is too low then the phone will not register charge.

sony_logo126x24.gif

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: [solved] Z1 won't charge with some USB port

same problem after latest xperia z1 system updates => pc dont see my xperia z1 when connected.... There is no problem with my pc as it see every other phone that I connect to it.

Even when I install xperia z1 drivers manually on my PC, there is no change. The Only good thing is that my xperia z1 is charging from its sony USB charger or any other USB hub. Looks like there is some conflict between latest xperia and Win10 update as the problem as I see is common for lot of xperia users... sad and shame for sony. Sony Companion also does not see my xperia.