account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

problem with the sim

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

problem with the sim

The problem is that the phone stopped detecting the sim suddenly Vovi her out and replaced and it worked but it has happened again and no longer detected at all ... the card was cut at the store because it was not microsim format could be this the cause? can serve the red button next to the place where you put the sim?. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: problem with the sim

The matter is clarified, thanks,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Could be too old SIM standard, too slow chip, not a 3G SIM at all, card gets overloaded or simply was damaged in the process of cutting.

The size of the SIM is not always about only the size. There are different SIM standards, old ones are not always compatible with modern devices.

You should get new, Micro SIM card to avoid damage to the card and/or to the phone.
----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply, I suspect something ..... I would like to know something about the use of the red button if anyone knows how and when to use

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

If you want to reset your phone you will press and hold that button 

http://www.xperiaguide.com/2013/09/12/xperia-z1-comes-with-a-physical-hard-reset-button/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The matter is clarified, thanks,

View solution in original post

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)