account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--->> •• WORKING WHITE BALANCE FOR YELLOW TINT Z1 ••

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

--->> •• WORKING WHITE BALANCE FOR YELLOW TINT Z1 ••

Hello Guys,

I'm here to bring some HOPE for those users who won, I mean who got Z1 from the lottery yellow tint issue. I am an XDA user since then and I found a thread saying that the Japanese version of Xperia Z1 SO-01F got white balance settings yesterday and the OP ported it to our Z1 C69xx !

I installed it and CONFIRMED ITS WORKING. Results are farm different from Screen Adjuster app from playstore and such where blue is really noticeably. Navigation bar also changes using this. Although I'm wondering why it has different sliders compared to those on Xperia Z (Hue and Saturation), it will give you a peace of mind that the nightmare has ended.

Here are some screenies:

Screenshot_2013-12-17-04-10-36.pngScreenshot_2013-12-17-04-10-47.png

You need to be ROOTED to have this, no other way. It's flashable through CWM but if you are just ROOTED and doesn't have CWM installed, you can just push the files to the folders and change permissions. (tell me if you need help on this one)

Here's the original thread with the download link from XDA :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2572080

If you're an XDA member, don't forget to hit THANKS to him. Don't forget to give Kudos Kudos 2.JPG  and / or mark the correct answer Solution.JPG

It would be much better still if Sony will provide an official solution for this headache issue.

Reply with results you got or problems you encountered installing, Ill help. That's all. Enjoy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 24
Message 23 of 24

Re: --->> •• WORKING WHITE BALANCE FOR YELLOW TINT Z1 ••

A settings for white balance is added in the latest firmware that we just released. The version is 14.2.A.1.136 but it may not be available in all markets yet.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

23 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Glad to hear that it's working.

A white balance setting will also be added to C690x but it's not in the update that's rolling out now. It's planned for an update in the beginning of next year. So you don't need to modify the phones software to get this, just wait for the update.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Which update due in Jan 2014 on Z1 ? a update to exsisting 4.3 or 4.4 update ?

Don't forget to give Kudos.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

I don't have any information on which Android version it will be. I recommend that you keep checking our blog (http://blogs.sonymobile.com/) for the latest information about the update to Android 4.4.

Adviser
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

Thanks for showing up here Rickard, 

It sounded like that the white balance app is confirmed made by Sony? I mean you also said that it will be added to Global version of Z1? So this package is all official sony application? Can you verify that Japanese versions really have this setting "FROM" SONY? 

Thank you.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

The beginning of next year? I was hoping it would come sooner.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Yes, we will add a setting for white balance in an upcoming version of the phones software planned for the beginning of next year (see my response here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1/Xperia-Z1-C6903-Display-Issue-Yellow-Hue-Tint/td-p/391521/pa...).

I don't have any Japanese unit so i can't confirm if it has been added there already and what it looks like though.

One time poster
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

thanx sony thanx xda

how i can sitting my xperia z1 white balance i need number of theis:

red:

green:

blue:

thanx Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

hi,

RED: 20
GREEN: 30

RED: 55

That's what im using dude.

Adviser
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

i dont think white balance can save my screen!!

light gray already become cream color!!