account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

getting hot quickly

Rookie
Message 221 of 238
Message 221 of 238

Re: Immense overheating

I got the issue of Overheating and even the error message of Overheating and my Xperia Z1 Shuts off all the time.

I need a better answer for this issue, Sony is full of bugs and issues with faulty hardware.

One time poster
Message 222 of 238
Message 222 of 238

Re: getting hot quickly

Mine gets so heated when I'm using the camera! It forced close and wanted me to wait till the device cools down!
One time poster
Message 223 of 238
Message 223 of 238

Z1 become really hot when I'm playing games. It's really uncomfortable n make my hands feel like it burning.
Visitor
Message 224 of 238
Message 224 of 238

But we have to face. Difficulties. With overheating. Phone! Any solutions?
Genius
Message 225 of 238
Message 225 of 238

Just wait and hope the 5.0 update will solve it
AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
One time poster
Message 226 of 238
Message 226 of 238

My Sony xperia z1s gets hot within a few minutes of using an app or Chrome or Gmail. Even while talking. That isn't normal. It has even said due to it being too hot it wouldn't work on more then one occasion. If I could go back to galaxy and change this for the 5 I would. I love my camera on the phone but that's it.
Adviser
Message 227 of 238
Message 227 of 238

When I first bought it on a summer day in Sydney it was getting hot but after a month or so it stopped getting hot. It may be a case of having to 'run in' the phone over a month or two but his should not happen. Sony should address the problem. Also when talking hold mouth piece close to ear so the screen is auto shut off because if the screen is left on whilst talking that would increase the heat in your ear !

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 228 of 238
Message 228 of 238

Bought it a month ago in Asia, updated the software OTA three times to 4.4.4 - learned some stuff that I want to share which might help everyone keep your phone cold as Glass-Ice :smileysmileywink:

- Download *Grrenifyy* from the PlayStore (the app spelling is out because we're not allowed to post about thirdparty apps here)

- Check which apps are running in the background with the APPS menu

- Turn the Green app on and select which apps you want to turn off while not in use; root users can automate this! Run the app and see how it disables some unused apps for good!

- Now check whether the phone is still hot after ten to fifteen minutes.. .

Because honestly speaking, I'm a hardcore gamer, and even my phone gives me one and a half day usage with 3G on all the time! (Gaming Hours start after office and continue till 12 at night). There are many other ways to keep the phone cold, but it depends on per-user requirements; and this way makes it piece of cake for all !

One time poster
Message 229 of 238
Message 229 of 238

My phone gets super hot too quickly
Rookie
Message 230 of 238
Message 230 of 238

No it's not normal it's very difficult to handle a warm phone