account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

getting hot quickly

Rookie
Message 141 of 238
Message 141 of 238

Re: SONY XPERIA z1 getting hot

i had this issue from the first day i got the phone, scrolling through this forum... i've realized that i am not alone.

didnt bother sony nor the sony center where i purchased the phone from! i've picked the wrong device"

when i was staring at my device, i thought i saw some minor scratches, obviously i didnt have a case protecting my phone

i took the advise of the sales rep to maybe cover up the phone with a screen guard while we are waiting for a case to be available...

just dropped by a phone shop, have em cut a piece for the front and a matte screen guard for the back.

somehow the matte screen guard on the back is helping in dispersing the heat

now i can no longer feel the iron-like heat on the upper back even if a 3D game is up for 30minutes to an hour, cmaera up for 20minutes,  (just closed it because i can't seem to find any reasons on testing the phone a bit further) <- hopefully it wont close at 20minutes and a second Slightly smiling Face

i did not update anything, same app, same version, using the same camera app that came with the phone, bla bla...

i am still not that conclusive

maybe because of the matte cover or maybe the phone is already a week old. LOL

my concern is, maybe the upper back part is no longer overheating along with the possibility of not letting this heat to come off the phone, ahhhh! would if something melts inside

C6903 / BH90G

Rookie
Message 142 of 238
Message 142 of 238

Re: SONY XPERIA z1 getting hot

Ihave same problem especially when using camera,its become so hot in about 10 min. And camera shutdowns Automatically,
Visitor
Message 143 of 238
Message 143 of 238

Re: Phone overheating after .534 update

My Xperia Z. Gets over heated
Visitor
Message 144 of 238
Message 144 of 238

Re: Phone overheating after .534 update

My Xperia Z1 gets overheated while browsing, while games, it's too hot to old near the camera, pls let me know what is the issue
One time poster
Message 145 of 238
Message 145 of 238

Z1 getting extreme Hot

My z1 get overheated very quick. It can be as quick as 10minutes by just playing with the preinstalled apps like camera and browser (no games). Once it was overheated, the camera would not launch and it showed an overheating warning.

The phone CPU was running at the top speed most of the time when the phone was being used according to CPU Spy app so I suspect there is something wrong with the current firmware.

ps. Just to clarify I have not installed any other apps (except the one mentioned above) to my z1 and software repair did not solve the problem.

i bought it this Sunday 17 Nov and i'm regretting of that, i thought at the begining that it was the first time when you have to upgrade the whole mobile and install all new apps, but after one day using it only for whatsap and a bit of browser, cpu overheats so much...I hope anybody finds a solution and fix this issue because is not normal this kind of issues in one of the most expensives phones in the market i almost paid 40,100 INR for it and its not a Joke .. its a huge amount of money.. either rectify the prob or replace the device or return my money.. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 146 of 238
Message 146 of 238

Z1 Gets superhot and discharges faster than it charges

Hi Everyone

I have a problem with this phone, i have just like 4 days with it (brand new) here is(are) the problem(s):

-Battery last less than a wisper in the wind (comparing with Xperia Neo at same usage, a joke against Nexus 7 second gen [i know this one is a tablet but by size it has 2 inches bigger screen and still last better battery in use, while not much diference at hand])

-While it was plugged in (charging since it seems its the phone natural state) i surf the web or play a dumb videogame with no powerfull graphics like plants vs zombies 2 and it gets hotter than and after some time a message on the screen displays saying that the phone is discharging faster than it is charging and it commands me to stop using the phone (i couldnt believe what my eyes saw) also i´m using the original charger and cable.

-If i dare to try to use the camera (one of the main reasons i choosed this phone) after some use, it comes with a message saying it cant use it until the phone cools down o_O

Now the questions.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

Is it a design flaw or just a defective phone?

Also when plugged to the computer or by the inside app it says it has the most recent system update.

This phone was bought in Mexico with Telcel carrier

Sony Xperia Support
Message 147 of 238
Message 147 of 238

Re: Z1 Gets superhot and discharges faster than it charges

To get a better understanding about battery time I suggest that you check out this topic.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Battery-time-and-enhancement-features/m-p/347874#U347874

The phone will become warm during charging or if you run heavy app's. This is normal.

So if you have been running any have app then try to start the camera the phone may needs to cool down, so this is also normal.

Have you received any error message about the phone becoming to warm and that it needs to shut down?

Regular
Message 148 of 238
Message 148 of 238

Hi Johan

I´m not new to smartphones, also i have dimmed the screen to usable level, bellow that will be unreadable (40%) along with other actions i use mobile data activated and wifi while at work (like any other phone i had). I was not running heavy apps, is the browser a heavy app? Plants vs zombies 2 a heavy app? come on compare to 3d games wich are heavy apps, AVP, Nova 3 etc. The answer for the camera issue is unaceptable, basically you are saying, dont use your phone. So i should wait until it melts or forcefully shutdown to say it is a problem?

If the phone gets hot enough to dont let me use one of its features, then, it is a problem that needs to be solved, not a regular thing to happen and accept.

Also you didnt mentioned anything about the discharging faster than the charger charges the phone issue.

If you are Sony related find a better answer, that only lead me to think it is a BAD design issue on your phone (unaceptable for the money your company charges for it), if you are not related to Sony thanks for your answer but i need something that fix the issue. Anyway thanks for your time.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 149 of 238
Message 149 of 238

The browser (chrome) requires a fair bit of RAM and also data traffic which will generate some heat. But I think its important to also keep in mind, what's the ambient temperature?

I'm not saying that you can't use the phone, of course you can. But if you're not getting any shut down errors due to heat it is probably nothing wrong with it. Because if it were you would be getting these frequently.

How is your battery stats looking? (Settings > Power management > Battery usage)

Here you can check which app or hardware that consumes most power.

Also as mentioned in the battery time topic, you'll have to use the phone for some time before you really can estimate its battery performance. Because at first use you will experience a lower battery time but if will increase over time.

About slow charging, which charger model are you using? Different markets have different kits so I'm not sure which model you got. Do you charge using the docking station or magnetic connector or do your charge via the USB port.

Also make sure you do the charging via wall socket for fast charging performance.

Regular
Message 150 of 238
Message 150 of 238

I´m charging from wall and to the usb of the phone, the charger model is EP880, ambien temperature arround 21 C, the battery stats says the battery is being drained by the screen at must (no surprise there) and 2nd place plants vs zombies 2 (no surprise either since i being running a test and the phone FAILED i will write it after answering you)

If you are saying i have to wait the phone to cool down to use the camera then you are saying dont use your phone in order to use your camera.

I know Chrome uses resources in RAM, not many in PROC, also 1 tab open only is not a high use of the app.

The some time before the battery set down could be acceptable, but that only explains the joke of time for the battery not anything else.

EDIT

Forgot to tell you the test

I connect the phone to the charger

Open PvsZ 2 and dont even play just let it open right there, no movement.

Results:

After 10 min the phone is hot normal (not like h.e.ll like when i activly use it plugged) but here is the epic fail. It lost 3% of the battery and the message saying the battery is drying faster than charging pop out.

Havent heard if you are related to Sony or not.

Thanks for your time